This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
DIY Laundry Scent Booster is perfect to make your clothes and towels smell fresh and clean. Everyone loves clean and fresh-smelling laundry, right? The scent additives don’t really do anything other than add scent, so why not make them yourself? This Laundry Scent Booster is cheap and easy to make and perfect for adding your own personal scent to your laundry routine. This 3 ingredient recipe is the easiest thing you could possibly make. Best reason to make it? It’s natural and doesn’t contain any artificial fragrances or ingredients.
Laundry Scent Booster
These homemade laundry scent boosters are just the thing to add to your all-natural laundry products. While making these DIY Laundry Scent Boosters, check out our Homemade Laundry Detergent, DIY Fabric Softener, and Homemade Dryer Sponges. Using natural soaps most certainly gets your clothes clean, but if you want that fresh, long-lasting scent that conventional soap leaves behind, then you may want to try this recipe for making your clothes smell better.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils have many uses outside of aromatherapy. Many people use them to scent their homes or freshen up things like laundry. They are also used as a natural scent in homemade cosmetics and natural products.
It’s important to add the essential oils (or fragrance oils) to the Epsom salts first. Mix the salt and oil before adding the baking soda. Otherwise, the oil will activate the baking soda. But, as long as it is mixed into the Epsom salts first, the baking soda won’t be improperly activated.
Once the 3 ingredients are mixed together, store the laundry scent booster in a jar or container. You will add the powder fragrance directly to the fabric softener compartment of your washing machine. These fragrance booster is safe for HE washers.
Adding baking soda to each rinse cycle keeps detergent or mineral deposits from redepositing on clothes, making the clothing or fabric feel stiff. If you want your clothing to be softer, add vinegar to the bottom of your washing machine before putting the clothes in. This, combined with the DIY Fabric Fragrance, will ensure your laundry comes out soft and smelling fresh!
How to Make A Laundry Scent Booster
Laundry Scent Booster
- 1½ cups Epsom salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 20-30 drops essential oils OR fragrance oils
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Epsom salt and fragrance oil
- Mix until desired fragrance strength is achieved
- Add the baking powder to the Epsom salt mixture
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of the fragrance booster to the fabric softener compartment of your washing machine
- Be careful to not add too much fragrance making the scent too strong, as each fragrance is unique!
- Get creative – mix fragrances to achieve a scent you love.
- To make clothes even softer, add 1 cup of vinegar to the bottom of your washing machine before adding laundry. The clothes will not smell like vinegar at all (promise!). Vinegar is a natural fabric softener.