This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These little Nutter Butter Chicks are the cutest chicks around:) Fill your Easter basket with them or set up a fun-filled assembly line for the kids to have a creative afternoon. Tasty crafts are some of our favorites here at Smart School House, and these little cookies don’t disappoint. We are simply SO excited for Easter this year!
Nutter Butter Chicks
Aren’t these chicks adorable?! Made with Nutter Butter cookies, which are already hard to resist. Plus, these are very easy to make. This is a great Easter activity for the kids! Here is our TikTok video of us making them:
Nutter Butter Chicks 🐥 White candy melts, yellow food coloring, + various sprinkles and candies. Dry on wax paper ##easter ##diy ##kidscrafts ##fyp
To make them, we used CandiQuik, which is simply chocolate made for melting. You can also use yellow candy melts. We happened to have the vanilla CandiQuick and yellow food coloring on hand. Additionally, you will need Nutter Butter cookies, Reese’s Pieces, and Peanut M&Ms. I used round black sprinkles for the eyes, but I also think that black gel icing would work too! The Nutter Butter Chick’s hair is also made with sprinkles.
Simply dip, decorate, and dry. I only dip 1/2 of the cookie in the melted chocolate so that it doesn’t overwhelm the taste of the Nutter Butter. Plus, it’s less messy (bonus!). As a tip: have all of your supplies and sprinkles set out in front of you and organized because the melted chocolate does harden quickly. Work over wax paper for the little chicks to dry without sticking.
More Easter Crafts to Try Next:
Peeps Race Cars
Colored Deviled Eggs
Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt
Bunny Ear Napkins
Peeps Cookie Bars
Carrot Napkin Utensils
Terra Cotta Pot Carrot
Brownie Carrot Patch
Nutter Butter Chicks
You Will Need
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Melting Chocolate like Yellow Candy Melts or Vanilla Candy Quick
- If you choose vanilla CandiQuick as we did, you will also need yellow food coloring
- Reeses Pieces
- Peanut M&Ms
- Rainbow sprinkles for the hair
- Pull out yellow and orange pieces for the chick’s hair
- Black sprinkles or black gel icing for the eyes
Other Supplies Needed
- Microwave safe bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Wax paper
- Prepare your work area with wax paper
- Make piles of your supplies so that you can work quickly when the melted chocolate is ready
- Melt the chocolate according to the directions (usually in 20-second intervals)
- Add yellow food coloring if needed
- Dip 1/2 of a Nutter Butter into the melted chocolate
- Use 2 yellow peanut M&Ms for the wings, orange Reese’s Pieces for the feet and beak, and sprinkles for the hair and eyes
- Allow them to dry on wax paper
On another Easter diy the “love for words” link isn’t ok. Love your stuff.