With the holidays approaching and pumpkin spice season in full swing, I decided to share some of my favorite DIY ways to make your house smell good. From warm vanilla coffee bean to a holiday simmering potpourri recipe, they are all so easy and work very well! Make your house feel and smell like the comforting place it is during the colder months with these easy DIY tutorials.
3 DIY Ways to Make Your House Smell Good
Here’s a quick rundown of everything I’ll be explaining to you!
1. Pour vanilla coffee beans into a small mason jar or bowl and place a tea light inside
The tea light will warm up the coffee beans leaving a wonderfully warm vanilla coffee bean fragrance.
2. Simmering Potpourri
Love the smell of Christmas? So do we! Make this simmering potpourri and it will smell up the entire house with the BEST holiday fragrance. What’s even better is that it can be reused. Simply put it in a container and place it in the refrigerator for up to one week. Bring it to a simmer again when you want the house to smell pretty again. If too much evaporates, simply add more of the ingredients to the mixture. It’s so easy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 cups of apple cider
- 2 sliced apples
- 1 tablespoons of cloves
- 2 tablespoons of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice extract
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- tablespoons of vanilla extract
3. DIY Cinnamon Stick Candles
Wrap cinnamon sticks around a candle and the warmth of the burning candle will make the cinnamon sticks more fragrant!
- 1 candle
- 1 package of cinnamon sticks (from the craft store)
- 2 rubber bands or hair ties
- Twine or ribbon to wrap around the bands.
- See the video here on Facebook for how to assemble the candle