This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What is your favorite meal? Breakfast? Dinner? Dessert? All of the above? Us too! Today we are sharing a sinfully sweet, soft, and creamy blackberry biscuit bread recipe. You could serve it for dessert, or if you’re in a fancy mood, serve it for breakfast!
We don’t judge here….
Blackberry Biscuit Bread
If you are having brunch or entertaining out of down guests in the morning, this is the perfect recipe to really impress everyone (and it’s easy…which I love!).
When you take your first bite of blackberry biscuit bread, you’ll notice the soft sweet bread combined with the creamiest berry flavor. It’s going to be SO good that you’ll quickly take another bite. I always notice more berry flavor over the next few bites (am I the only one who concentrates on my food so much? Haha!). It is the PERFECT dish to serve at a brunch or for dessert.
A cold scoop of vanilla bean ice cream next to a warm piece of this sweet berry bread dessert is just heavenly.
You could always prepare this the night before, cover it, and refrigerate it for the morning. Simply cut down the baking time as needed. A sinfully sweet, soft, and creamy recipe loaded with berry flavor!
Serve it with whipped cream as a breakfast casserole or serve it with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Turn it into an easy make ahead recipe or eat it right away. YUM!
More Delicious (and EASY) breakfast recipes by Smart School House:
Blackberry Biscuit Bread Recipe
Blackberry Biscuit Bread
You Will Need
- 1 cup of seedless blackberry jam (I use the sugar free kind)
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 2 container of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of half & half
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
Other Supplies Needed:
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Small pot
- Non-stick spray
- Kitchen scissors (designated for food)
- Mixing bowl
Shop the Ingredients Below:
- Put 1 cup of seedless blackberry jam in a pot and melt it on low (stirring occasionally)
- Prepare baking dish with non-stick spray
- Take 1 container of biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces (quarters)
- Place the biscuit pieces on the bottom of the baking dish
- Using your hands, separate the cream cheese into pieces and scatter it around with the biscuit quarters
- Slowly pour the melted blackberry jam over the biscuit pieces and cream cheese
- In the mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, cinnamon sugar, and vanilla
- Pour that mixture over the blackberry jam in the baking dish
- Take your second container of Pillsbury biscuits and cut those biscuits into quarters as well
- Scatter those biscuit pieces over the egg mixture.
- Finally, top it all off by dusting everything with the brown sugar
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes THEN bake uncovered at 350 degrees for another 30 minutes (60 minutes total).
- Serve warm. Makes about 8 servings.