Published: Apr 19, 2021
Updated: Jun 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Sausage Breakfast Pizza is like biscuits and gravy…with extra sausage AND cheese over a fluffy pizza crust! Easy Breakfast Pizza is a great on-the-go breakfast idea that is fun to eat. Delicious breakfast sausage crumbles on top of country gravy, then covered in ooey-gooey cheese. What is there not to love?
You can add any additional toppings to a breakfast pizza that you like. Think eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese! Since I bake mine in a smaller baking dish, I usually end up with extra gravy, so I like to dip the pizza crust in extra gravy. Yummm… It makes for a unique lunch idea and is perfect for a breakfast dinner.
- Refrigerated pizza crust – or homemade pizza dough, if preferred
- Cooked sausage – pork sausage, turkey sausage, or protein of choice
- Country gravy packet
- Mozzarella cheese
Here’s my TikTok video showing how our Breakfast Pizza is made:
Using a rectangular baking dish or pizza pan, roll out the pizza dough and press it evenly into your pan. I find that a disposable foil 9″x13″ cake pan works perfectly. It’s less clean-up! However, use whatever similar size pan you have. Begin by pre-baking the pizza dough for about 6 minutes, as the instructions indicated on the pizza dough tube.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Scrambled eggs
- Cheddar cheese
- Hash browns
Something that isn’t required that I like to use for this recipe is olive oil. Once you’ve added all of the toppings, brush a thin layer of olive oil on the outside of the pizza crust. This gives it that beautiful golden color and that perfect “pizza crust” look.
Now, you’ll bake it for at least 10 minutes or until the pizza crust is baked throughout. The baking time will vary a little bit depending on what kind of dish you used (foil, non-stick, or glass). Something else that will make baking times vary is the size of your baking dish- as in the thickness of your pizza.
Simply keep your eye on the oven for around 10 minutes and bake the breakfast pizza to perfection. I like to use the extra gravy to dip my pizza into! Store leftover breakfast pizza in the refrigerator in an airtight container or in plastic wrap. Warm it up in the microwave for a yummy snack!
“I made this! I added bacon and eggs instead of sausage. Big hit!”Rebekkah E.
“I ended up having to make a double batch. The kids loved this recipe, I definitely will be making this again!”amanda
More Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 9″x13″ baking sheet (or something similar in size)
- Non-stick spray
- Optional: Olive oil with a basting brush
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 packet sausage flavored country gravy mix
- ¾ cup pre-cooked crumbled sausage (or turkey!)
- 1½ shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400℉
- Prepare the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pre-cook the pizza dough, according to the package, for 6 minutes
- In a saucepan, cook the country gravy, whisking frequently
- Add the prepared gravy on top of the pre-cooked pizza dough. Add as much gravy as desired and save the rest for dipping!
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the gravy
- Add sausage crumbles over the cheese. Add more toppings if desired! Think: bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese, etc.
- Optional: brush the outer crust edges with a thin layer of olive oil
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and cooked throughout
Can u use crescent rolls instead of pizza dough, and can u make it ahead and bake later