This Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza is like biscuits and gravy…with extra sausage AND cheese over a fluffy pizza crust! Easy Breakfast Pizza is a great on-the-go breakfast idea that is fun to eat. Delicious breakfast sausage crumbles on top of country gravy, then covered in ooey-gooey cheese. What is there not to love?
You can add any additional toppings to a breakfast pizza that you like. Think eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese! Since I bake mine in a smaller baking dish, I usually end up with extra gravy, so I like to dip the pizza crust in extra gravy. Yummm… I should also mention that this pizza does not have to be limited to only breakfast. It makes for a unique lunch idea and is perfect for a breakfast dinner.
To get started, you will need a pizza crust. The dough can be found near refrigerated biscuits at any grocery store. From there, you will also need sausage crumbles (turkey works too). If your store doesn’t have sausage crumbles, purchase breakfast sausage that is already cooked and cut them into small bite-size pieces. Finally, you’ll need mozzarella cheese and sausage-flavored country gravy. Here’s my TikTok video showing how our Breakfast Pizza is made:
@smartschoolhouseBreakfast Pizza! 🤤🤤 Sausage Flavor Gravy, Pizza Dough, 3/4cup Sausage Crumbles, 1.5cup Mozzarella. Bake according to pizza dough directions. ##recipe♬ Foggy Morning – Clutch
Using a rectangle baking dish, roll out the pizza dough and press it evenly into your pan. I find that a disposable foil 9″x13″ cake pan works perfectly. It’s less clean-up! However, use whatever similar size pan you have. Begin by pre-baking the pizza dough for about 6 minutes, as the instructions indicated on the pizza dough tube.
Breakfast Pizza Recipe with Gravy and Sausage
Something that isn’t required that I like to use for this recipe is olive oil. Once you’ve added all of the toppings, brush a thin layer of olive oil on the outside of the pizza crust. This gives it that beautiful golden color and that perfect “pizza crust” look.
Now, you’ll bake it for at least 10 minutes or until the pizza crust is baked throughout. The baking time will vary a little bit depending on what kind of dish you used (foil, non-stick, or glass). Something else that will make baking times vary is the size of your baking dish- as in the thickness of your pizza.
Simply keep your eye on the oven at around 10 minutes and bake the breakfast pizza to perfection. It’s a no-fail recipe, so you can’t do this part wrong:) Once it is done, cut the pizza into squares and enjoy! As I mentioned, I like to use the extra gravy to dip my pizza into. Have fun with this recipe! Add extra ingredients or keep it just as is, it will be delicious every time.
More Breakfast Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
You Will Need
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 Bag of sausage flavored country gravy mix
- Approximately 3/4 cup of pre-cooked crumbled sausage (or turkey!)
- The amount of sausage will vary on preference and/or baking dish size
- Approximately 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- The amount of cheese will vary on preference and/or baking dish size
Other Supplies Needed:
- 9″x13″ baking sheet (or something similar in size)
- Non-stick spray
- Optional: Olive oil with a basting brush
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Prepare the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pre-cook the pizza dough, according to the package, for 6 minutes
- In a saucepan, cook the country gravy, whisking frequently
- Add the prepared gravy on top of the pre-cooked pizza dough
- Add as much gravy as desired (will vary based on pan size) and save the rest for dipping!
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the gravy
- Add sausage crumbles over the cheese
- Add more toppings if desired! Think: bacon, eggs, and cheddar cheese
- Optional: brush the outer crust edges with a thin layer of olive oil
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and cooked throughout