These Butter Flavored Sugar Cookies are no joke. Trust me when I tell you that you can’t eat just one! Sugar cookies are great. In fact, they’re fantastic! But, something magical happens when you add butter flavoring to them (magical I tell you!). The neat part is that the butter flavor is not obvious. However, the butter flavor takes an ordinary sugar cookie to the next level …. beyond mouthwatering!
With crisp edges, thick and soft centers, I know you’ll love these cookies. These cookies are an easy treat that’s the perfect addition to any holiday gathering. You don’t have to wait just for the holidays to make them though. If you love them as much as we do, you can bake them all year round.
Why You’ll Love These Sugar Cookies
Soft centers with slightly crisp edges
Irresistible buttery flavor
Stay soft for days
These simple sugar cookies don’t need to be chilled and stay wonderfully soft & chewy for DAYS! It’s my best sugar cookie recipe! They melt in your mouth and I’m drooling just thinking about them. And as with any classic, simple cookie that doesn’t hide behind frosting or anything, it really needs to be just right. Another little trick I use is to press the rounded dough with the bottom of a cup to create the PERFECT cookie shape and allow for even baking.
The secret ingredient to these sugar cookies is butter-flavored extract! It adds a creamy butter flavor to the dough. Butter and sugar, what is there not to love? You MUST try this simple twist if you plan on making these cookies anytime soon. Plus, they are so easy to bake… that’s how I roll.
More Cookie Recipes by Smart School House:
Butter Flavor Sugar Cookies
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cookie cooling rack
- Electric mixer (hand held or stand)
- Cup to press the cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Butter extract (found in the baking aisle by the vanilla extract)
- White sugar sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- In a mixing bowl,combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, and confectioner’s sugar for about 30-60 seconds
- Add the egg to your butter/sugar mixture
- Mix on medium speed for 30-60 seconds
- Add in the butter extract
- Slowly add the dry ingredients from step #1 to the butter/sugar mixture, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Place rounded dough pieces on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper
- Press the cookies gently with a flat cup. Putting a little flour on the bottom of the cup helps prevent too much sticking
- Bake for about 7 minutes or just before they turn too golden. Watch carefully because sugar cookies cook very quickly!