These cookies are no joke. Trust me when I tell you that you can’t eat just one! Sugar cookies are great. In fact, they’re fantastic! But, something magical happens when you add butter flavoring to sugar cookies (magical I tell you!). The neat part is that the butter flavor is not obvious. However, the butter flavor takes an ordinary sugar cookie to the next level …. beyond mouthwatering! My butter flavored sugar cookies have an extra hint of vanilla too. You MUST try this simple twist if you plan on making sugar cookies anytime soon.
Plus, they are so easy to bake <—– that’s how I roll.
Butter Flavored Sugar Cookies
For this recipe, you will need:
This sugar cookie recipe is adapted from my easy sugar cookie recipe.
Butter flavor all the things!!!!!!!!!
Butter Flavor Sugar CookiesPrint Here
You Will Need
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 sticks of softened butter (real butter)
1 1/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tablespoon of Butter Vanilla emulsion flavoring (I use THIS one)
White sugar sprinkles (like THESE)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl:
combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a mixing bowl:
combine the butter and confectioner’s sugar for about 30-60 seconds
- Add the egg to your butter/sugar mixture
- Mix on medium speed for 30-60 seconds
- Add in the butter vanilla emulsion
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients from step #1 to the butter/sugar mixture, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Sprinkle a little flour on some wax paper and gently roll the dough out until it is about 1/2″ – 1/4″ thick.
- Using your cookie cutter of choice (or a small fun shaped cup like I used) place the cookies onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 7 minutes or just before they turn too golden. Watch carefully because sugar cookies cook very quickly!