Your crock pot gets the job done with this creamy stroganoff recipe featuring tender beef in a delicious mushroom sauce. Prepare it in the morning before work and you’ll come home ready to serve a delicious dinner the whole family will enjoy! Slow cooker beef stroganoff is one of the best crock pot recipes I have ever made! This homemade creamy stroganoff is a fill-you-up, classic comfort food dinner.
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is serious comfort food. Tender beef, mushrooms, and onions are cooked in a slow cooker and mixed with a cream cheese sauce and egg noodles. I LOVE to eat it over brown rice to reduce the carbohydrates and it is so incredibly delicious.
To start, you layer the ingredients with the sliced mushrooms at the bottom.
Next, add cubes of stew meat. Most meat departments have prepared packages of fresh stew meat that range in weights between 1 and 2 pounds. You can pick whichever size will work for your family. For our family of four, I try to get about a pound an a half of stew meat.
In a mixing bowl, you’ll combine two different kinds of cream of mushroom soups, minced garlic, diced onion, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Pour that mix over the stew meat and mushrooms.
This recipe cooks for 8-9 hours on low in a slow cooker. Next, add cream cheese over the stroganoff and stir occasionally until it is melted, making the creamiest and most delicious stroganoff you’ve ever tasted!
You can always set the slow cooker on warm if you need more time or if the members of the family need to eat dinner at different times. As mentioned earlier, I pour the stroganoff over brown rice while my kids eat it with egg noodles. So, cook as many noodles as you need and serve accordingly.
This Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is a delicious, hearty comfort food idea for chilly nights. However, my family loves to eat this year-round!
More Crock Pot Recipes to Save:
Creamy Crock Pot Beef StroganoffPrint Here
You Will Need
- 1 can of golden mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of diced onion (frozen or fresh!)
- Pepper (as desired)
- 1-2 pounds of beef stew meat
- 1 carton of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 8oz cream cheese
- Egg noodles
Other Supplies Needed
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker
- Non Stick Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Prepare your crock pot with non-stick spray
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the bottom of the crock pot
- Put the meat on top of the mushrooms
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soups, water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, and pepper
- Pour the soup mixture over the meat
- Set the crock pot to low and cook for 8-9 hours
- Add the cream cheese to the stroganoff and stir occasionally until it is fully melted
- Serve over egg noddles