This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’m so excited to share this Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe for Valentine’s Day with you! They are so adorable and fun for kids. The sprinkles are magically attached to the sugar cookie using one special trick (you will love it!). Sugar cookies are such versatile cookies. There’s one for every occasion! This recipe makes amazing sugar cookies for decorating. Finding a trusty sugar cookie dough recipe for your holiday baking needs can be TOUGH. Ours is the only one you need because the cookies hold their shape making them perfect for decorating.
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
bake mine for about 7 minutes- just before they get too golden. Be sure to check them often because it is super easy to overcook them in which case they’ll look slightly brown. They’ll taste great though! You can use our homemade sugar cookie recipe (see the full recipe at the bottom of the post), or you could use pre-made sugar cookie dough.
This recipe is the best! It makes soft cookies with lightly crisp edges. The perfect sugar cookie for decorating! Aren’t these the cutest little homemade Valentine’s Day cookies? Plus, the sprinkles on top add just a little bit more flavor to the cookies (yummy).
How to Add the Sprinkles in the Shape of a Heart
Once the cookies are completely cooled, take a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter. Using a small brush, paint the cookie (inside of the cookie-cutter) with a thin layer of corn syrup. Then, pour some sprinkles over the corn syrup, keeping the heart cookie cutter in place. Finally, remove the cookie cutter and the sprinkles will stay in the shape of a heart!
Looking for More Valentine’s Day Recipe Ideas?
The BEST Valentine’s Day Recipes Ever
Valentines’s Day Dessert Ideas
Heart-Shaped Tortilla Chips
Cake Shaped Like a Heart
Quesadillas Shaped Like Hearts
Will your kids love these cookies? Mine sure did!
Heart Shaped Sugar CookiesPrint Here
You Will Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks of softened butter (real butter)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Light corn syrup
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl mix the softened butter together with the confectioner’s sugar for about 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Add the egg to your butter/sugar mixture
- Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Little by little, add your “dry ingredients” from step #1 into your mixing bowl. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl occasionally to make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Sprinkle some flour on wax paper, and roll the dough out until it is the desired thickness (between 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick)
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place them on a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for about 7 minutes- just before they get too golden. Be sure to check them often because it is super easy to over cook them.
How to Add the Heart Sprinkles
- Once the cookies are completely cooled:
- Place a smaller heart shaped cookie cutter and place it in the center of the cookie
- Brush a thin layer of corn syrup on the cookie inside of the cookie cutter
- Pour some sprinkles over the corn syrup and let them dry!
Hi Kelly-I just learned about you from the Google+ hangout. I’m loving these cookies, but don’t see a way to pin them. Am I missing the button? Loving your blog so far!
Oh man, my partner is crazy about sprinkles. I gotta try this. Have you seen the sprinkle covered wedding cake that’s all over Pinterest?
Wow, if I had baking powder in my house right now, I would be baking these RIGHT NOW!!! Thank you very much for this recipe! My daughter will like doing this with her daughter. God bless.
What beautiful cookies! Thank you for sharing.
this looks like a great treat
This is brilliant Kelly. I never would have thought to use corn syrup. Love it!
Crystal & Co recently posted…Buttermilk Pancakes from Scratch