Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
I’m so excited to share this Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe for Valentines Day with you! They are so adorable and fun for kids. The sprinkles are magically attached to the sugar cookie using one special trick (you will love it!).
Last updated: December 24, 2017
This post was originally published on January 30, 2014
Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks of softened butter (real butter)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Light corn syrup
- Rainbow sprinkles
Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder
- In a separate bowl mix the softened butter together with the confectioner’s sugar for about 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Add the egg to your butter/sugar mixture
- Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds or until fully combined
- Little by little, add your “dry ingredients” from step #1 into your mixing bowl. Scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl occasionally to make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Sprinkle some flour on wax paper, and roll the dough out until it is the desired thickness (between 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick)
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place them on a greased cookie sheet
I bake mine for about 7 minutes- just before they get too golden. Be sure to check them often because it is super easy to over cook them in which case they’ll look slightly brown. They’ll taste great though!
How to Add the Heart Sprinkles
- Once the cookies are completely cooled:
- Take another cookie cutter (I used a smaller heart in this case)
- A small brush (I have craft brushes that are set aside for kitchen use)
- Paint the cookie with a thin layer of light corn syrup inside the cookie cutter
- Pour some sprinkles over the corn syrup and let them dry!
Look at your beautiful creation!
Aren’t these the cutest little cookies that you ever did see? Plus, the sprinkles on top add just a little bit more flavor to the cookies (yummers).
Looking for More Valentine’s Day Recipe Ideas?
- The BEST Valentine’s Day Recipes Ever
- Valentines’s Day Dessert Ideas
- Twinkie Hearts
- Heart Shaped Tortilla Chips
- Cake Shaped Like a Heart
- Quesadillas Shaped Like Hearts
Now tell me, will your kids love these cookies? Mine sure did!