Pour hot milk over one or two of these hot chocolate sticks and create a delicious cup of hot cocoa! Today I’m sharing the easiest and funnest way to make a hot chocolate stick and they’re shaped like hearts, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Heart Hot Chocolate Sticks
With kids, Valentine’s Day becomes a family event. We love spending the day with our kids and finding special ways to celebrate. Today we made these hot cocoa sticks in the shape of hearts and added some sprinkles for color.
Do you love hot chocolate as much as we do? We enjoy hot coca starting in the late fall all the way through winter.
These little heart cocoa sticks are perfect for DIY Valentine’s Day gifts too! Just wrap them in small cellophane gift bags. So cute!
We made some large chocolate hearts for making more than 1 cup of hot chocolate as well as some small chocolate hearts that can be eaten off of the stick. Kids love doing that!
To get the sprinkles on the bottom of the heart, simply cover the bottom of the ice cube tray in sprinkles and pour the melted chocolate over it.
To make hot chocolate, stir or drop the chocolate hearts into hot milk. The smaller the hearts, the more you can add to your cup!
You might also like our Heart Marshmallows and Hot Chocolate:
Want to make this Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa even MORE FUN? Add a little Conversation Heart Whipped Cream on Top!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Heart Hot Chocolate SticksPrint Here
You Will Need
- Heart shaped ice cube tray (find a bunch of them available HERE)
- Popsicle sticks or paper straws
- 1 bag of Dove chocolates (found in the candy isle). It melts so easily!
- Vanilla, caramel, or mint extract (pick your favorite kind!)
- Tupperware or microwave safe bowl
- Plastic baggie
How to Make Hot Chocolate Sticks
- Remove the chocolate candies from the foil wrappers (start with about 10) and place them into a microwave safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat up the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. It usually takes no more than 3 intervals.
- Add 2 teaspoons of flavored extract to the melted chocolate.
- Place a plastic baggie inside of a cup and roll the opening of the baggie over the top of the cup (creating a homemade piping/frosting bag)
- Use a spoon to pour the melted chocolate into the baggie.
- Remove the baggie from the cup and cut the corner off of the baggie, allowing the chocolate to come out.
- Gently pipe the melted chocolate into the ice cube trays.
- Tap the trays of melted chocolate to allow any bubbles to come out of the chocolate.
- Put a popsicle stick or paper straws (cut in 1/2) in the middle of each chocolate heart
- Add sprinkles
- All the chocolate to harden for about 30 minutes. You can stick them in the refrigerator if you want to speed the process up:)