Conversation Heart Whipped Cream
I LOOOOVE Valentine’s Day crafts and recipes! They always so cute and so fun! Today I’m sharing a simple Conversation Heart Whipped Cream recipe that is sure to make any child happy. Conversation Heart Whipped Cream is a fluffy and soft homemade dessert topper that includes only 2 ingredients. One of the main ingredients: Conversation Hearts! Look at how fun and festive this Valentine’s Day whipped cream is!
Last updated: January 20, 2018
This post was originally published on January 2, 2014. It was updated with new pictures and recipe improvements.
Ingredeints for Candy Heart Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- about 2 regular size boxes of conversation hearts
Supplies Needed for Conversation Heart Whipped Cream
- Two Ziplock baggies (sandwich size or larger)
- Frosting tip (any kind)
- Electric Mixer with mixing bowl
- Hammer or kitchen mallet/meat tenderizer
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Put the conversation hearts inside of a ziplock baggie and gently hammer the candies until they are crushed
- Put 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the mixing bowl and mix on high for 1-2 minutes until soft peaks form. Do not over mix! If it gets too thick it quickly turns into butter (although that would make for some tasty toast, ha!).
- Pour most of the crushed candy hearts into the mixing bowl and gently fold the candies into the whipped cream using a spatula. NOTE: don’t mix the candies in with the mixer. The sugar in the conversation hearts will quickly thicken the whipped cream, altering the desired consistency.
- Optional: Cut the corner off of a the other ziplock baggie and place the frosting tip inside and pushing it through the open corner (creating a homemade piping bag!). Use the spatula to put the whipped cream into the baggie then squeeze the baggie to swirl the whipped cream on top of desserts!
Add more or less crushed conversation hearts to the whipped cream based on your liking:)
Sprinkle some additional crushed conversation hearts on top and use the whipped cream with any Valentine’s Day dessert recipe you desire! It turns out looking so pretty and festive for Valentine’s Day. The whipped cream is fluffy and extremely soft and tastes just like conversation hearts.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day recipe ideas?
- Heart Marshmallow in Hot Chocolate
- How to Make a Heart Shaped Cake
- Heart Shaped Tortilla Chips
- Sprinkle Valentine’s Day Cookies
Happy Valentine’s Day!