Recipe by Gina
You can use any yellow cake recipe and just add mini chocolate chips and food coloring. Or, you can make it with this recipe below!
- Chocolate chip cake
- 2 2/3 flour
2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 water
- 1/2 oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- A couple of handfuls of mini chocolate chips
Check out this neat watermelon cupcake recipe!
- Whisk dry ingredients together make a well.
- Whisk wet ingredients together.
- Slowly poor wet mixture into dry while whisking.
- Stir in food coloring to make the perfect pink watermelon color. I used a rose color with a small amount of yellow.
- Poor into cupcake tins. Bake at 350 for about 23 minutes. Top with your favorite buttercream frosting.
- For coloring, I used lead green and a bit of yellow.
To see more summer inspired recipes, click the back and forward buttons below: