This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re in the mood for comfort food, this Taco Lasagna recipe is for YOU! It’s warm, filling, and loaded with creamy taco flavor. Taco Lasagna doesn’t get better than this! We love Mexican food at our house. Tacos, burritos, taquitos, nachos … we eat those things on a regular basis! This dinner recipe is made in one baking dish and is done just in 20 minutes making clean-up a breeze.
Mexican Lasagna is an easy casserole that’s loaded with your favorite taco flavors for a weeknight meal the whole family loves! Our Taco Lasagna recipe couldn’t be easier! It’s made with soft flour tortillas, seasoned taco ground beef, pico de gallo, and cheese… creamy, melty, ooey-gooey cheese! The cheese is really what makes this recipe OVER THE TOP.
If you love Mexican food as much as we do, you’re going to love this easy recipe for Mexican Lasagna. A perfect go-to meal when you’re craving Mexican food. It’s easy, quick, and is loaded with flavor. You really can’t beat it!
- Flour tortillas – can be substituted with corn tortillas, if desired
- Ground beef or ground turkey
- Taco seasoning
- Heavy cream
- Shredded cheese – cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- Cajun seasoning
- Pico de gallo
You can bake this dish in a regular baking dish (around a 9×13 size). But, I like to grab an aluminum baking dish from the pantry just to make clean up easy for this particular dinner. The aluminum baking dish is about 9×11-ish.
Start by spraying non-stick cooking spray on the pan. Then, cut small size flour tortillas in half and line the bottom of the dish with them.
Next, add 1/3 of your taco meat over the tortillas. This taco Lasagna has 3 layers of meat and tortillas.
After that, you will pour 1/3 of the creamy homemade cheese sauce over the taco meat mixture.
The final step in each layer is pico de gallo. You can make your own with peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro. OR, you can make your night easy by picking up fresh pre-made pico de gallo in the produce section of any grocery store. When it comes to this recipe, that’s what I do! When I’m in the mood for comfort food, it has to be little prep and easy to make.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Repeat the tortilla, meat, cheese, and pico layers 2 more times. Finally, top with shredded cheese. Since the meat and cheese are already warm, this Taco Lasagna bakes for only 20 minutes!
Based on your taste and flavor preference, consider adding or swapping some of the following ingredients to make this casserole even more tasty:
- Pinto beans, black beans, or refried beans
- Sour cream
- Diced green chilies (for extra heat!)
- Chili powder
- Avocado slices
Dinner is done in a flash and everyone will be waiting with a fork in hand. It makes the whole kitchen smell amazing! Stomachs will be growling…
Taco Lasagna Recipe
- 9×11 baking dish
- Non-stick skillet
- 1 package taco size flour tortillas (about 12 tortillas needed for this recipe)
- 1½ pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- pico de gallo (homemade or fresh store bought in the produce section)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Brown meat and drain fat
- Add Taco Seasoning packet to meat according to directions on packet (usually adding water to the powder)
- In a separate pot, make the cheese sauce by melting the butter over medium-low heat
- Add the heavy cream to the melted butter and gently mix with a whisk
- Mix 2 cups of shredded cheese into the pot. Mix gently with a whisk until the cheese is melted.
- Add a dash of cajun seasoning to the melted cheese mixture
- Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray
- Cut tortillas in half
- Line the baking dish (as pictured) with tortilla halves. Add 1/3 of the taco meat over the tortillas
- Add 1/3 of the cheese mixture over taco meat
- Sprinkle pico de gallo over cheese mixture
- Repeat steps 10-13 two more times
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese on top
- Bake for 20 minutes
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.