This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy cheesy Tatchos recipe! Tater tot nachos are one of the best things you can eat when you’re ready for a comforting meal. Layered meat, cheese, and a delicious creamy drizzle!
I simply can’t resist tater tots. They’re my favorite! This loaded tater tot recipe is so versatile and the topping options are endless. I make tatchos with ground beef, but you can make them with shredded chicken or any kind of meat you prefer in regular nachos.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- frozen tater tots
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- black beans
- shredded Mexican cheese
- sour cream
- taco sauce
- toppings of choice: tomatoes, jalapenos, green onion, etc.
Spread tater tots on a baking sheet and bake them according to the directions on the bag (usually around 450 degrees for about 25 minutes or so).
Brown the ground beef and drain the excess fat. Add the taco seasoning (usually requires water).
Once the tater tots are done baking, heat the oven to 350℉. Spread the ground beef over the baked tater tots.
If desired, add additional ingredients you’d like baked with the taco meat. Consider diced onions or black olives!
Finally, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and return the tater tots to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Sour Cream Drizzle
While the tater tots are baking, combine the sour cream with the taco sauce.
Place the mixture in a zip-top baggie. Cut off the corner of the baggie.
Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the tatchos. Add additional toppings of choice and enjoy!
- Green onion
- Diced onion
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de gallo
- Guacamole or avocado slices
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Tater tots are such a fun alternative to tortilla chips for nachos! It’s a yummy twist on a traditional dish that everyone will be asking for time and time again. There are so many variations you can make depending on your taste!
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1 Pan
- zip-top bag
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¼ cup taco sauce
- Toppings of choice: tomatoes, jalapenos, green onion, etc.
- Spread tater tots on a baking sheet
- Bake frozen tater tots according to the directions on the bag (usually around 450℉ for about 20 minutes or so)
- Brown ground beef and drain the excess fat
- Add the taco seasoning (usually requires water)
- Once the tater tots are done baking, heat the oven to 350℉
- Spread the ground beef over the baked tater tots
- Place beans on top of the ground beef
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
- Return the tots to the oven for 10 minutes
- In a bowl, make the sour cream drizzle by mixing the sour cream with the taco sauce
- Place the mixture in a zip-top baggie. Cut off the corner of the baggie
- Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the tatchos
- Add additional toppings of choice and enjoy!