Happy Halloween! I LOVE DIY Halloween decorations and am so excited to share the directions for this Tomato Cage Ghost craft idea with you. This is the cutest and friendliest Tomato Cage Ghost ever! This project is super easy, inexpensive to make, and so cute!
Tomato Cage Ghost
If you don’t have the time to make some serious Halloween decor for your home, here is a really quick and easy project for you! With just a few simple materials, most of which you probably already have, you can assemble this ghost. It is more eye-catching than many other ideas out there.
Supplies Needed to Make a Tomato Cage Ghost:
Plastic pumpkin pail
Black felt or craft foam
Begin by taping the top of the tomato cage. These 3 prongs can get sharp, so it’s best to hold them together to avoid injury and create extra stability. Next, wrap and drape white, yellow, or orange lights around the tomato cage. Hold the strand of lights in place with a little extra tape.
Next, place a plastic pumpkin pail on top of the cage. You can use any color of pumpkin pail. You can even pain the pail if preferred. It’s cute to coordinate the color of the lights with the pumpkin pail. Whatever you do, just place the black part of the face in the back of how you intend to display the tomato cage ghost. You don’t want to see the plastic face glow through.
How to Make Tomato Cage Ghosts
After, drape a white sheet on top. I used a basic and very inexpensive twin-sized sheet for this project. Whether it’s extra big or just enough fabric, just manipulate the flowing appearance and it will work out no matter what:) I used a steamer to reduce the wrinkles in the fabric.
Using a large size ribbon (or whatever you have on hand), tie a large pretty bow around the ghost’s “neck”. I happen to find this black ribbon with purple and orange accents at Walmart. I love it! Consider being creative with the ribbon… use glittery ribbon, ribbon with a pattern, or several bows to embellish the look.
Finally, cut out some eyes and a cute mouth to bring your adorable Tomato Cage Ghost to life! I cut out oval eyes and then glued two “eyelashes” to each side. I love how cute she turned out! Don’t you?
What should we name her? So many people have named her here on my Facebook page!
More Easy Halloween Craft Ideas by Smart School House:
Tomato Cage Ghost
You Will Need
- Plastic pumpkin pail
- White sheet
- Tomato cage
- Black ribbon
- Black felt or craft foam
- Hot Glue
- Tap the top of the Tomato cage togehter
- Wrap and drape lights around the cage starting from the top. Hold the strand of lights in place with a little extra tape.
- Place the plastic pumpkin pail on top
- You can pain the pail to coordinate with the color of lights you are using
- Be sure to rotate the face of the pumpkin to the back
- Place a white sheet on top
- Consider steaming out wrinkles if needd
- Tie a bow around the “neck”
- Embellish the bow as much as you desire! Have fun with it
- Cute eyes and a mouth out of black craft felt or foam. I added little eye lashes on mine:)
- Glue the eyes and mouth in place
- Plug in the Tomato Cage Ghost and enjoy!