Christmas Meringue Cookies
Hooray for holiday baking!!!! My kids and I love spending time in the kitchen together. We’ve tried so many new recipes but today we are sharing one of our favorites with you. When I say meringue cookies, my kids jump! This recipe for vanilla Christmas Meringue Cookies is so easy and so tasty (they practically melt in your mouth). They are perfect to bake on Christmas morning or for holiday parties. But, if you’re anything like us, we just make them for fun!
For Vanilla Christmas Tree Meringues, you will need:
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup of plain white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter Vanilla Emulsion flavoring. I use THIS kind (optional)
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- Golden tree topper sprinkles (like THESE)
- Green food coloring.
- Icing bag (or zip lock bag) and a star-shaped frosting tip. You can find these in the frosting section at your grocery store.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet, covered in foil, and sprayed lightly with non-stick spray.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites for a few minutes on high speed until they are frothy.
- Add the sugar into the frothy egg mixture in small amounts.
- Continue to mix on high for 1 minute.
- Add in the cream of tartar.
- Add butter vanilla emulsion and green food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- Continue to whip the mixture on high for 4-5 minutes until stiff peaks form (meaning that the meringue holds a form when the mixer is turned off).
- Using an icing bag with a star shaped frosting tip, press the meringue mixture down onto the foil and gently swirl in a circular motion (like making soft serve ice cream).
- Add Christmas colored sprinkles and a golden sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or just before they begin to turn brown along the edges.
- Let them cool completely (or eat them when they are a tiny bit warm!).
- Store in an air tight container. Makes about 24 small trees.
HOW FUN, right? You don’t have to be a professional to make adorable sweet treats. Just some simple ingredients, some simple directions, and you’re good to go!
You might also like Graham Cracker Christmas Crunch
Come and see Smart School House’s wonderful book Year-Round Projects for Holidays, Parties, & More!
Pages: 1 2