I just adore holiday cooking, don’t you? Today’s extra special recipe is perfect for all Santa lovers (which pretty much sums up all of us!). Santa is a pretty busy guy, so he needs to snack whenever he gets a chance. Santa’s Snack Mix is the funnest holiday treat we’ve made in awhile. I know you’ll love it too! To make Santa’s Snack Mix you need a couple of essential (easy to find) ingredients. Be sure to pin and save this recipe for Christmas time!
Santa’s Snack Mix
In just a few minutes, you will whip up a treat to feed a whole party, office, or class! Popcorn is such an easy impromptu ingredient that can make the holidays even better. There is something about sweet and salty that I just cannot get enough of and our Santa’s Snack Mix recipe checks both of those boxes!
It’s a super easy recipe with only a few simple ingredients! Freshly popped popcorn drizzled with white chocolate and mixed in with lots of holiday cheer. Santa’s snack mix is an easy popcorn mix that is the perfect Christmas treat! Popcorn, pretzels, and nuts, coated with chocolate and mixed with M&Ms making the perfect sweet treat for parties or packaged for goody bags.
One of the things we love to eat is popcorn. I’m pretty sure Santa loves popcorn too, especially when it’s coated in chocolate, mixed with pretzels, nuts, and M&Ms, and even more so when you package it in cute little containers. This yummy Christmas dessert is sure to put a smile on pretty much everyone’s face!
More Christmas Treats and Recipes by Smart School House
Santa's Snack Mix
You Will Need
- 8-10 cups of popped popcorn
- 2-3 cups pretzels
- 1 cup of holiday sprinkles
- 1 package of DOVE dark chocolate candies (they melt soooo easily!)
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 package of M&M’s Holiday Baking Minis, Holiday Mint Candies, or White Chocolate Peppermint Candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the popcorn, pretzels, ad peanuts. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, vanilla, sugar and corn syrup over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Pour over the ingredients in the bowl and toss until all covered.
- Spread the popcorn mix on a baking tray or cake pan (may want to use two pans). Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Decorate with 1/2 cup of holiday sprinkles and stir. Sprinkle with M&M candies and stir again.
- Place DOVE chocolates in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the popcorn. Decorate with remaining sprinkles. Let cool for about 10-20 minutes. Once cool break into chunks.
- Store in air tight containers. Serve to friends & family!