One-Eyed Monster Cookies
BOO! How cute and colorful are these one-eyed monster cookies? My son spotted these gummy candies at the grocery store today and we just had to do something fun with them. They are sour, just like sour gummy worms. Paired with soft cookies and fluffy frosting and ANY kid would be smiling! Best of all, they are so simple to make!
For this recipe, you will need:
- One box of sugar cookie mix (which requires one egg and s stick of butter). Do you like homemade sugar cookies more? This recipe is perfect for these one-eyed monster cookies.
- Purple Funfetti frosting. It comes with these sprinkles!
- Trolli sour octopus candies (as seen in the video below). We got ours at the grocery store.
- Candy melts
- Candy eyeballs (found here)
- Cup with a flat bottom
Watch how fun and easy they are to make!
Aren’t those fun?
Preheat the oven based cookie’s box recipe. I like to line my cookie sheets with parchment paper to prevent sticking, but that’s totally optional.
- Make rounded dough forms on a cookie sheet about 2-3 inches in size.
- Gently press down on them with the bottom of a flat cup (as seen in the video). This gives them the perfect sugar cookie shape!
- Bake the sugar cookies according to the directions on the box. Usually this is about 10 minutes. Let them cool.
- Once cooled, put a layer of purple Funfetti frosting on top.
- Sprinkle the outter edge with sprinkles.
- Melt the candy melts according to the package directions.
- Put a tiny dab of the candy melts on the octopus/”monster’s” head.
- Place a candy eyeball on top and let it dry. It will stay in place!
- Makes about 12 cookies.
Easy peasy! Make these for Halloween or a themed party. They’ll always be a hit!
You might also love our 30 Second Vampire Cookies:
Pages: 1 2