Valentine Fortune Cookies
Valentine’s Day will be here in the blink of an eye and we are ready! Today I’m sharing an easy non-candy Valentine idea that is sure to get noticed. Learning how to make Valentine fortune cookies is easy as long as you know the folding technique. Plus, I created the little Valentine fortune papers so you can print them out and put them inside of the fortune cookies you make! Let’s get started…
Last updated: December 31, 2017
This post was originally published on January 14, 2017
To make Valentine’s Day foam fortune cookies, you will need the following supplies:
- Pink and purple craft foam sheets
- Optional: Valentine fortune printable (download here)
- Hot glue
- Small bowl (about 4 inches in diameter)
- Pen or pencil
Watch how to make Valentine Fortune Cookies!
How to Make Fortune Cookies
- Turn your small bowl upside down on the craft foam
- Trace around the bowl to quickly create a perfect little circle
- Cut the circle out
- Place hot glue along the upper half of the circle (as seen in the video) then fold the circle in half over the glue
- Insert the Valentine fortune
- Gently press the center of the cookie upwards like this
- Continue bending the foam so that the two edges come together
- Place a small dab of hot glue in the center here (to help the cookie keep the right shape)
- Squeeze it closed until the hot glue is completely dry:)
Isn’t that easy? Give out these adorable Valentine’s Day fortune cookies to friends and family! I love that they are candy-free and non-food Valentines so they are safe for all children and classrooms.
We placed all of ours in a large Chinese to go box (found at a craft store or here).
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Looking for more DIY Valentine’s Day ideas? Check out what else we’ve been up to! Can you tell that we love this time of year?