I’m Old School Valentine
This unique old school Valentine is sure to get a few smiles:) Raise your hand if you remember seeing these strawberry candies every time you were at your grandma’s house back in the day? Me too!
Whenever I see these candies, those childhood memories always come back. I love it! Today we made a throwback style Valentine’s Day cards using these strawberry candies. You can print the free cards here, but you’ll have to ask your grandma where she buys the candies (KIDDING!).
Last updated: January 13, 2018
This post was originally published on January 24, 2017
To assemble these Old School Valentine’s Day cards, you will need the following supplies:
- Printer with white paper
- Card stock paper (in colors of choice). This is thicker paper found at any craft store.
- Double sided tape
- Glue (or hot glue)
- Those old school strawberry candies. You can ask your grandma where she gets hers, or you can find them in the candy isle of most grocery stores or even the Dollar Store:)
- The I’m Old School Valentine printable. Click the image below then download & print in the next window:
- Print and cut out the free Valentine’s cards.
- Using colorful card stock cut out rectangles that are slightly larger than the card, so a cute frame can be created.
- Apple double sided tape to the back of the card and attach it to the card stock.
- Using a little bit of glue or hot glue, attach one of these candies to the empty spot in the card:
If you’re looking for a unique, one of a kind Valentine’s card, this is it! Plus, the candies are actually very delicious (as you probably already know).
You might like some of these Valentine’s Day ideas too: