Ornament filled with Hot Chocolate
Mix hot cocoa in a large plastic ornament then add mini marshmallows on top for a quick and easy DIY Christmas gift. This ornament filled with hot chocolate is fun to make, but even more fun to receive! Isn’t it so festive and pretty? I can’t wait to show you how to make one.
We love creating homemade gifts and DIY ornaments for the holidays. Sometimes we put handmade ornaments on our own tree, and sometimes we give them away as gifts. This jumbo size hot cocoa ornament is large enough for their entire family to enjoy a cup. If you’re looking for a hostess gift, a quick gift for a neighbor, or just a fun DIY gift idea for family friends, this is for you!
Clear Ornaments That Hold Hot Cocoa
To make hot cocoa ornaments, you will need the following materials:
- Clear plastic ornaments with removable tops (found at any craft store during the holidays!). We used a jumbo size plastic ornament just for fun:)
- Hot cocoa powder
- Mini marshmallows
- Ribbon, string, greenery, miniature ornaments, etc. for embellishment (glue gun optional).
Looking for more DIY Christmas Gift Ideas?
- Santa Boot Bows
- Snow Globes on Top of Mason Jars filled with Hot Cocoa
- Christmas Candy Train
- Candy Cane Sleigh
- Homemade Cookie Cutter Ornaments
- Snow Globe Gum Ball Machine
How to Put Hot Chocolate in an Ornament
- Remove the top off the plastic ornament
- Place the ornament over a cup or something that can keep it in place as you fill it
- Put the funnel into the ornament’s open top
- Slowly add powder hot cocoa
- Fill the rest with mini marshmallows
- Using twine, string, greenery, or even miniature ornaments, embellish the lid for that extra special touch when gift giving.
To use the hot chocolate inside the ornament, simply remove the lid, pour the desired amount into a mug, add hot water (or milk) and put the mini marshmallows on top! Consider adding in other items like broken pieces of candy canes, sprinkles, or chocolate chips inside the ornament for more fun! This is an inexpensive present made with love.
Please note: the ornaments are not safe to use for consuming hot liquids:)