Happy holidays! The other day we made a candy sleigh and we had SO much fun that we decided to make a candy train to go with it! Just like the candy sleigh, you can mix and match candy choices, get creative, or make it exactly like I have in the pictures. You can’t go wrong! They can be given as gifts, used as decorations, or made just for fun. So, grab a cold cup of milk (because you know you’ll want to snack on some chocolate while you make these) and just watch at how fun and easy they are to assemble…
Kids love to eat them, adults love to decorate with them! You can give these as presents or hang them as ornaments! They are easy to make and you can put a whole bunch together fairly quickly. I found all of the candy in the seasonal isle at our local drug store (CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, etc.)
This fun Christmas craft is easy for kids to make at school, holiday parties, birthday parties, and home. It looks so cute hanging from Christmas trees and gifts!
Isn’t this just the cutest little holiday craft you can think of doing? If you have kids involved, let them do the stacking and designing of the train and you can help them by hot gluing everything together:)
More Christmas Crafts by Smart School House:
Christmas Candy Train
You Will Need
- Low heat glue gun (just a cheap glue gun)
- Life Savers
- Altoids tins
- Mini chocolate bars
- Hershey’s kisses
- Mini Reeses Cup
- Santa Candy (ours is chocolate)
- Chocolate coal (get it here)
- Chocolate coins (get them here)
- Glue the chocolate coins to the Altoids tin to make 4 wheels
- Attach the Life savers on top of the Altoids tin.
- Remove the paper from the top of a Hershey’s kiss and hot glue it upside down to the front of the train.
- Stack 2 mini chocolate bars and a Mini Reeses Cup towards the back on the train.
- Put a chocolate Santa in the conductor’s seat!