Feeling stuffy? Feeling a little cold coming on? Or do you just feel like a little pampering? You’re going to LOVE these easy homemade Vaporizing Shower Cubes. They are very gentle, yet the vapors help soothe a cold and cough. I happen to love using them just because it’s crisp and cold outside. You only need 4 easy to find ingredients and an ice cube tray. You might already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen! If not, a quick trip to the grocery store will have you covered. This is a beautiful handmade gift idea.
DIY Vaporizing Shower Cubes
Did you know that there’s a Baby VapoRub? You can find it HERE. This formula is a much more gentle version of the super strong VapoRub and doesn’t contain menthol. My kids don’t like the smell at all, but I happen to love the smell for myself. It has eucalyptus, aloe vera, and fragrances like rosemary and lavender. All of that combined gives off a similar scent compared to the original VapoRub, but it’s much less overwhelming.
I found an incredible way to use BabyRub in the shower to create a vaporizing sensation that just happens to be perfect for soothing colds and coughs! To get started, you will need some measuring spoons and a mixing bowl. Don’t forget your ice cube tray! Pick one up at the dollar store if you don’t already have one.
The end result is beautiful! I keep mine just like this near my shower in this pretty glass cup. The steam in the shower will release a wonderful vapor effect as the cubs melt down the drain. Your entire bathroom will smell like a little spa! If you feel a cough or cold coming on, you must try using these in the shower. While they won’t cure your cold, they will definitely help soothe any irritation you have while you shower. I love these so much! They are gorgeous, easy to make, fun to use, and are perfect DIY handmade gifts!
More DIY Bath and Body Crafts:
DIY Vaporizing Shower CubesPrint Here
You Will Need
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 4 tbs. of BabyRub (baby VapoRub)
- 1-3 tbs of water
- Combine the baking soda and corn starch.
- Add in 4 tbs of the Baby Rub
- Mix until fully combined.
- One tablespoon at a time, mix in the water. You don’t want it to be runny because it needs to harden. If you accidentally make it too runny, that’s ok! Just add more corn starch.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the fine glitter on top (optional but a great touch for gift giving!)
- Let it dry overnight.
- Gently remove the cubes from the tray. They are soft and break easily, so don’t twist and turn the tray too much trying to remove them. Just a little loosening will do the trick and they will come right out. Keep them in a pretty cup (as pictured) or carefully place them in jars and hand them out as gifts!
** If you happen to add the glitter like I did (anything with glitter makes me instantly happy) then it will look like this as it is drying. You can find ultra fine glitter at a craft store.