Did you see this on our Facebook page? It was so fun! Yogurt silly putty is made with just 2 ingredients (that you probably already have) and turns out so soft and fun to play with. The texture of is between slime and play dough, which is why we’ve called it silly putty! Really, it’s unlike anything which is why we are so excited for you to try it! This craft has been loved but thousands of kids on the internet. It’s been tried several times on YouTube and moms have told me that it saves the day when kids are stuck inside.
Yogurt Silly Putty
Yogurt Silly Putty
Here are a couple of hints: If the putty is dry, add more yogurt too it (be careful not to add too much at one time). If the putty is extra stick or too wet, try adding more con starch. Once again only add a little bit at a time.
If you want to mix things up a bit, add food coloring as well and make different colors of putty!
It’s so soft and addicting to play with. Plus it smells pretty good too!
A little soap and water will clean up any of the residue left on the table from yogurt silly putty. It does not store, so make a fresh batch each time your kiddos want to play:)
All of the ingredients are edible!
More play dough and silly putty recipes:
Cloud Dough Fluff
Dish Soap Silly Putty
Ice Cream Play Dough (edible!)
Incredible Edible Play Dough
Funfetti Play Dough
Yogurt Silly PuttyPrint Here
You Will Need
- Corn starch
- Yogurt (we used strawberry yogurt). Make sure it’s a yogurt without chunks of fruit.
- Mix together 1 cup of yogurt and 3/4 cups of corn starch
- When the mixture is no longer sticky, pick it up and roll the putty into a ball (to further mix the yogurt and corn starch)
- If it’s too sticky, sprinkle in additional corn starch. If it’s too dry, add a bit more yogurt
* It does not store, so make a fresh batch each time your kiddos want to play:)