Today is such an exciting day!! I’ve been so eager to share our newest edible play dough recipe with you! It’s incredible, it’s edible, and it just so happens to be play dough (which will make you feel like such a fun mom!). Toddlers and bigger kids love playing with this. We’ve made it so many times now and my kids STILL look forward to when plan to make it again. You’ll never believe what this stuff is made of…
Edible Play Dough
When you think of edible play dough, what ingredients do you imagine? Will it taste sweet? Will it have flour? How soft will it feel? I can’t wait to show you….
The secret ingredients? Frosting and powdered sugar! The two ingredients come together to make the softest, fluffiest, and coolest play dough you can make. You can use white frosting, like we did, or you can use colored frosting. Or, you can use food coloring!
- 1 cup of pre-made frosting (vanilla or white)
- 2 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- Tip: Colored frosting works too! Powder sugar measurements may vary depending on the brand and color of the frosting used.
- Measuring cups
- Kitchen Aid stand mixer (or something similar)
- Kitchen Aid edge beater (or something similar)
- Toys or cookie cutters (optional)
- Cloud Dough Fluff
- Dish Soap Silly Putty
- Yogurt Silly Putty (totally edible!)
- Aloe Dough
- Ice Cream Play Dough (also edible!)
- Scented Slime
- Funfetti Play Dough
Roll it into one big ball and make sure it is not crumbly or sticky. If, by chance, you added a little too much powdered sugar, don’t worry! We aren’t perfect! Simply sprinkle a little olive oil onto the dough and BOOM! Problem solved!
You Will Need