This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Bacon Crackers are an easy appetizer with a little bit of sweetness, saltiness, and mouthwatering crunch! Your kitchen is going to smell like you lit a maple bacon-scented candle long after you bake up these salty-sweet-savory-crunchy candy bacon crackers.
Sliced bacon over buttery crackers topped with sweet brown sugar. A taste of perfection in every bite! This is a great appetizer or party food idea for any crowd (think: holidays, Super Bowl, or any celebration).
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Club crackers – can be substituted with any buttery cracker, like Townhouse or Ritz Crackers
- Uncooked maple-flavored bacon – can be swapped out with regular bacon
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper – optional. Cayenne pepper can be substituted with black pepper or red pepper flakes for a spicy taste
- Baking sheet
- Wire cooling rack
- Aluminum foil
Begin by preheating your oven to 350℉. The prep of this easy appetizer is fast, so it’s nice to have the oven ready to go. Then, line the baking sheet with foil. The foil will pick up any of the melted grease from the bacon. After that, place a wire rack over the baking sheet.
Put 20 crackers in a single layer evenly spaced on the baking wire cooling rack. The wire rack helps the crackers absorb the bacon flavors without sitting in the excess bacon grease.
Next, cut the bacon slices into smaller pieces that fit over each cracker. Bacon will shrink while it cooks, therefore, it’s important that the bacon covers the crackers before going into the oven.
Add just under a teaspoon of brown sugar over each bacon-covered cracker. The maple bacon already has some sweetness to it. I found that to be just short of a full teaspoon.
Finally, sprinkle just a few pinches of cayenne pepper over the entire pan of crackers (optional). Cayenne pepper is strong and spicy, so just a little bit works for flavor!
- Jalapeno slices
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake them for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the brown sugar is melted. Let the crackers cool before serving.
Bacon Crackers Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Wire rack
- 40 club crackers
- 7 slices maple flavored bacon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- a few pinches of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Line the baking sheet with foil
- Place wire rack over the baking sheet
- Put 20 crackers evenly spaced on the baking sheet
- Cut the bacon slices into smaller pieces that fit over each cracker. The bacon shrinks while it cooks so it's best to have the bacon pieces be a little larger than the crackers.
- Add just under a teaspoon of brown sugar over each bacon-covered cracker
- Sprinkle just a few pinches of cayenne pepper over the entire pan of crackers (optional). Cayenne pepper is strong, so just a little bit works for flavor!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the brown sugar is melted.
- Let the crackers cool completely before serving. If the crackers get stuck a little to the rack while they cool, press them up from underneath the rack to loosen them.