This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip is a warm appetizer served with butter crackers! This easy appetizer recipe uses simple ingredients that have the best flavor when combined. This is one of those appetizers to always keep on hand.
Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip
Hot pepper jelly is a type of preserve made with peppers and sugar. Because of its mix of heat and sweetness, it’s a popular ingredient for lots of fun recipes, like this cheesy appetizer!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, sliced
- Ritz Crackers, crushed
- Bacon, chopped
- Pepper jelly
Begin by combining 2 blocks of cream cheese with shredded cheddar cheese and green onions. It’s important for the cream cheese blocks to be at room temperature so it is easy to mix.
How to Soften Cream Cheese
If you’re in a pinch and don’t have time to let the cream cheese soften to room temperature, here’s how you can do it quickly:
Remove the cream cheese packaging completely. Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave the cream cheese in 10-second intervals until it is soft (not melted).
Mix the cream cheese, cheddar, and green onion until fully combined. Smooth the cream cheese mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
Crush up 8 Ritz Crackers and sprinkle them over the cream cheese mixture. Finally, sprinkle the cooked bacon on top. Place the cheese dip in the oven.
Just before the cheese dip is done, put the pepper jelly in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it in 30-second intervals until the jelly has a liquid consistency.
Once the dip is done baking, pour or spoon the jelly on top and smooth it over until it is evenly spread.
This creamy and cheesy pepper jelly dip has a soft texture and is wonderful when served with any of the following (consider a variety platter!):
- Ritz Crackers (or other buttery crackers)
- Triscuits or Wheat Thins
- Toasted baguette slices
“So, so good. already planning to make it again. I spread it on top of pork chops after it was done but also good by itself as a dip.”Claire
“Best ever I only tried it bc I had a jar of pepper jelly and I keep cream cheese in the fridge I added Mexican shredded cheese and used cilantro”Carol
Pepper Jelly Dip Recipe
Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip
- 9 inch pie pan
- Microwave safe bowl
- 2 (8 ounce blocks) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In the pie dish, combine the softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onion. Press the cheese mixture into the pie dish until it is smooth and even.
- Add the crushed Ritz Crackers on top of the cheese mixture
- Top the Ritz Crackers with the chopped bacon
- Bake the dip for 25-30 minutes
- Just before the dish is done baking, place the pepper jelly in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the jelly in 30-second intervals until it is melted
- Once the cheese mixture is done baking, pour the melted pepper jelly on top and enjoy with crackers, chips, or even veggies!