This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Biscuit and Gravy Casserole is a comforting breakfast recipe that hits the spot every time. A different take on traditional biscuits and gravy, this easy breakfast casserole is a fun way to mix things up at the breakfast table!
Biscuit and Gravy Casserole
Whether you’re looking for a great weekend breakfast for the family, or for a brunch recipe filled with flavor to please a crowd, add this breakfast bake to your menu! If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, they taste even better the next day.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Refrigerated biscuits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
Begin by browning the ground breakfast sausage in a large skillet and drain the excess grease. Set the meat aside and bring out a small pot to begin the gravy.
Keep in mind that this breakfast casserole can be made in advance, like the night before, or it can also be made ahead and frozen!
Now, make the country gravy. This usually requires just a packet of gravy mixed with water. Be sure to whisk it regularly as the gravy warms and thickens.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. The milk makes the scrambled eggs extra fluffy!
Remove the buttermilk biscuit dough from the can. Using a knife, cut each biscuit into quarters.
Place the quartered biscuit biscuits in the bottom of a prepared 9″ x 13″ casserole dish. I recommend using a non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Add the browned sausage over the biscuit pieces. Then, sprinkle the meat with the shredded cheese. After that, pour the egg mixture over the cheese and meat layer. Finally, add the yummy gravy on top!
Now it’s time to let the oven do the rest of the work! Place the baking dish, uncovered, in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. The kitchen will smell divine!
Biscuit and Gravy Casserole Recipe
Biscuit and Gravy Casserole
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Small pot
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting board
- Non-stick spray
- 1 can Refrigerated biscuits (Pillsbury Grands)
- 1 pound Breakfast sausage
- 1 packet Country gravy mix
- 2 cups Shredded cheese
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Begin by browning the ground breakfast sausage in a large skillet and drain the excess grease. Set aside.
- In a small pot, whisk the packet of country gravy with the required amount of water instructed (usually around 2 cups).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper.
- Remove the buttermilk biscuit dough from the can. Using a knife, cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Place the quartered biscuit biscuits in the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish prepared with non-stick spray
- Add the browned sausage over the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle the meat with the shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and meat layer.
- Add the yummy gravy on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.