Super Bowl Sunday is one of the best times to try delicious appetizers and snacks. Serve up a classic with this buffalo chicken roll ups appetizer on Game Day! These could be the ultimate appetizer! One reader said, “I made these for a party and I almost lost a hand trying to sit them down because the guys were grabbing at them so fast! I made 5 cans of crescent rolls!”
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
Today we are sharing our Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups recipe with you so that you can try these out for Super Bowl (or for the last few playoff games left!). If you enjoy hot wings or any kind of buffalo chicken, you will LOVE these cheesy chicken roll ups. They’re hot, spicy, and full of mouthwatering flavors for football season. It mixes together some cream cheese with chicken and, you guessed it, buffalo wing sauce is added right in! We aren’t shy with the spice in this recipe. YUM!
This buffalo style appetizer can be served as a finger food or you can eat it with a fork. Whatever you choose, don’t forget the blue cheese dipping sauce. I even like to have some warm buffalo wing sauce on the side too for an extra kick. Mixing the buffalo sauce with the blue cheese is my favoirte.
The BEST Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups Recipe with Cheese Stuffing
For this recipe, you’ll want to have crescent rolls on hand (2 packages to be exact!). Cheesy buffalo chicken is wrapped up in soft, warm, and flakey crescent rolls.
Speaking of blue cheese dressing, on Super Bowl Sunday I make a homemade blue cheese dressing because it is fluffy and creamy all at the same time. It’s full of flavor and unlike any blue cheese dressing from the store. You have to try my homemade blue cheese dressing recipe alongside these roll ups.
Remember when I mentioned the cheesy buffalo chicken is wrapped up in soft, warm, and flakey crescent rolls? Oh yea, I forgot to mention that you’ll add a little extra butter on top before the go in the oven. No holding back here, folks! Drippy and melty butter goes perfectly with crescent rolls, if I do say so myself. Can you smell crescent rolls baking in your oven yet because everybody loves that smell!
More Super Bowl Recipes:
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and Dipping Sauce
- 21 Super Bowl Recipes
- Turkey Teriyaki Meatballs
- Taco Lasagna
- Queso Blanco Dip
- Wrapped Brie Cheese Dip
Buffalo Chicken Roll UpsPrint Here
You Will Need
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese at room temp.
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 containers of Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Mixing bowl
- Basting brush
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick spray
- Foil (optional)
- Fork/spoon (for mixing and scooping)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In the mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and buffalo wing sauce
- Place the chicken and cheese mixture into a pan on low heat. Stir regularly until the chicken, cheese, and buffalo sauce is warm, not hot.
- On a prepared baking sheet, lay out the Cresent triangles. You can bake about 8 buffalo chicken roll ups on 1 baking sheet at a time.
- Scoop the warm buffalo cheese chicken onto the crescent rolls as pictured.
- Wrap the crescent roll up and around the chicken mixture and seal any holes with the dough.
- Brush on melted butter on top of each uncooked buffalo chicken roll up.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with blue cheese dip and extra buffalo wing sauce on the side.
*Makes 16 Roll Ups