This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Caprese Salad Skewers are a beautiful and easy appetizer that everyone loves! Sweet cherry tomatoes on top of delicious basil leaves and a cute little ball of mozzarella. Drizzled with balsamic vinegarette, it couldn’t be any easier to make!
Caprese Salad Skewers
The fresh flavor of this bite-sized caprese salad is wonderful for any occasion! We think they are particularly perfect for the holidays (the red and green colors are for Christmas) or summer get-togethers.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese pearls (snack-size mozzarella balls)
- Balsamic vinegar (or a balsamic reduction, if desired)
Before starting, you will need to have toothpicks and a flat serving platter, tray, or plate. If you’re making this appetizer in advance, have foil ready to cover the dish in the refrigerator.
Push the little mozzarella ball to the bottom of the toothpick. You can find these snack-sized mozzarella pearls in the cheese section of any grocery store.
On top of the fresh mozzarella balls, add a leaf or two of fresh basil. Some basil leaves are larger than others. You can cut down larger leaves or use a couple of smaller leaves, as desired. Just be sure the basil has been rinsed.
Finally, place a fresh cherry tomato on top! The cherry tomatoes can be swapped with grape tomatoes if desired. Grape tomatoes are smaller than cherry tomatoes with a thicker skin.
Make Them Ahead of Time
If you’re making the skewers ahead of time, cover the serving tray with foil and place the dish in the refrigerator. You can add the balsamic drizzle in advance or you can add the vinegar when you’re ready to serve.
The final step is drizzling a little bit of balsamic vinegar on top! The strong flavor of the vinegar adds the perfect touch of flavor to the trio of cheese, basil, and sweet tomatoes.
Caprese Skewers Recipe
Caprese Salad Skewers
- 1 serving plate
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- mozzarella pearls (snack-size mozzarella balls)
- balsamic vinegar
- Push 1 mozzarella ball onto a toothpick
- On top of the mozzarella, add a leaf or two of fresh basil. Some basil leaves are larger than others. You can cut down larger leaves or use a couple of smaller leaves, as desired. Just make sure the basil is rinsed and cleaned.
- Finally, place a cherry tomato on top (also rinsed and cleaned)
- Place all of the caprese salad skewers on a flat serving plate
- Drizzle a little balsamic vinegarette on top