This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oregon Chai®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ahhhh! Fall is in the air! My kids have just gone back to school and I’ve been enjoying the new and quieter routine at home. Summer was a blast and we made the most of it, but I think the return to our work and school life is important and much needed. Today I made some of my homemade Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream just to enjoy a little me time before picking the kids up from school.
Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream
This is not your average vanilla ice cream. It has the warm cozy flavor of a Caramel Chai Tea Latte using real chai tea and caramel blended into a dreamy ice cream dessert.
Who votes for being creative with your ice cream?
(Raises both hands!)
There’s nothing wrong with plain ice cream, especially when it’s homemade. Any kind of homemade ice cream has something about it that makes it extra delicious. Here at Smart School House, we like to get creative with our ice cream flavors. We’ve added candy, powder mixes, and so much more. This Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream is unreal!
With an ice cream maker and other simple ingredients, like Oregon Chai® Tea Latte Concentrate from Walmart, this divine ice cream recipe will be a fall and winter staple in your freezer.
A comfy chai tea latte on a crisp fall day is my favorite. Watch how I turned the latte into a delicious DIY chai treat!
For this recipe, you’ll need a pot to bring some ingredients nearly to a boil, like the heavy cream and sugar. You will also need an ice cream maker. Be sure to set aside time for the ice cream base to cool before putting it into the mixer. The mixer is where the magic really happens! You can enjoy this Caramel Chai Ice Cream as a soft serve right out of the mixer, or you can place it all into a freezer safe dish, allow it to harden in the freezer, and enjoy it as regular ice cream. We do both because we can’t ever wait!
Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream Recipe
Because the Oregon Chai Tea is in a concentrate form, you can infuse the rich and soothing mix of sweet and spicy flavors into this ice cream recipe.
With the crazy busy holiday season approaching, it’s important to enjoy the calm days this time of year gives us. Before we know it, we’ll be busier than ever, so why not take a little quiet time with a scoop (or 3) of some dreamy Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream? Escape the everyday chaos coming our way!
I really wouldn’t judge if you just ate the ice cream with a spoon right out of the freezer. If nobody’s at home watching you, would anybody ever know? I don’t think so! At least… I’ve never been caught.
The drizzled caramel adds a rich flavor to the smooth as silk ice cream. It’s like having caramel drizzled on top of whipped cream, only colder and better!
I like to add a little extra caramel to my ice cream once I scoop it. What can I say? Chai tea is just meant to be with caramel. They are soulmates 🙂
Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream Ingredients
- Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- Heavy whipping cream
- Plain white sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Egg yolks
- Whole milk
Purchase Oregon Chai at Walmart and experience the perfect taste of fall. Hit the pause button and find time to savor the creamy, cozy, and indulgent taste that makes for the perfect balance this festive season.
Click here and save 75¢ on any 1 Oregon Chai product at Walmart from 9/26/18-11/30/18, or until supplies last.
Oregon Chai Tea is organic and Non-GMO Project Verified. Oregon Chai believes in using organic and 100% natural ingredients as much as humanly possible.
You Will Need
- 1 1/4 cup of Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cups of white sugar
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of whole milk
- Caramel dessert topping (found in the dessert isle next to the ice cream toppings)
Other Supplies Needed
- Pot for boiling
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Ice cream maker
- Freezer friendly dish
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl with lid (or foil/plastic wrap)
- Heat the heavy whipping cream and white sugar over medium heat. Do not boil it! Once bubbles begin to form around the sides of the pot, the mixture is hot enough.
- Remove from heat
- Whisk the egg yolks
- Add 1 cup of the warm whipping cream mixture into the whisked egg yolks. This allows the egg yolks to warm up before being transferred into the hot whipping cream mixture.
- Once the egg mixture is warm, add the egg mixture into the pot filled with whipped cream and sugar
- Return the pot to the stove and warm it up again over medium heat. Again, do not boil it! Once bubbles begin to form around the sides of the pot, the mixture is hot enough.
- Transfer the hot mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Add in the vanilla, whole milk, and chai tea concentrate. Mix until combined
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn for 25 minutes.
- Place the ice cream in a freezer safe dish and drizzle the caramel topping over it. Hint: drag a spoon through the caramel to allow the caramel to sink further into the ice cream. It make it look pretty too!
- Cover and store the ice cream in the freezer.
- Add additional caramel to scoops of ice cream as desired.