Happy fall!I can’t wait to share this delicious recipe for pumpkin spice cinnamon chip cookies with you! As I’m sitting here now, the wind is gently blowing outside and crisp leaves are blowing around in the street. Is it just me or does the air in fall have a very distinct feel? It’s crisp, cool (but not cold), and it even smells good. Pumpkin spiced latte anyone?
Over the weekend my kids and I eagerly pulled out our harvest themed decorations for the front of the house. We’ve got some decorative corn, some rustic barrels, a couple stacks of beautiful pumpkins, a scarecrow, and of course, a wreath with some burlap. I even picked up a couple barrels of hay and placed a few sunflowers on top. We’re looking mighty festive for the fall!
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Chip Cookies
After decorating the outside, the kids and I decided to bake some cookies. We pulled out the basic ingredients, then we got a little creative! The result: a house that smelled so good that it lingered out of the windows! If you were around our house that day and noticed the most amazing pumpkin spice cinnamon smell, that was us! These cookies are divine. I secretly put a couple in my kids’ lunchpail for school today along with a box of milk. Can you imagine how they are going to feel at lunchtime?
Watch how they are made:
Just in case you’re wondering, we did eat a little bit of the dough off of the mixers. There’s no need to waste any of this delicious dough. Here’s a tip: place a couple of chocolate chunks and cinnamon chips on top of the cookie dough to make super pretty cookies!
Other fall recipe ideas:
- Pumpkin Spice Crock Pot Chili
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
- The BEST Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
- Pudding Cookies
- Turkey Meatballs
- Tootsie Pop Turkeys
We recommend using a spoon or even an ice cream scoop to make evenly sized cookies. Just a note: kids are really good at this part:) Well, even if they’re not perfect at it, they still love to put the cookie dough on the baking sheet.
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Chip Cookies
Pumpkin spice cinnamon chip cookies are soft, chewy, sweet, and are filled with just the right amount of pumpkin spice and cinnamon flavor. Bring them as a treat to soccer practice or serve them at a holiday bake sale. You know what would be really fun? Making an apple cider stand outside and offering the cookies to all of the kids and parents in the neighborhood. I can think of a few dads who would like a pumpkin spice cinnamon chip cookie on their way home from work!
What are your favorite cookie mix-ins? Chocolate? Coconut? BOTH? What special touches do you recommend adding to your favoirte cookies? Tell us what you think we should make next!
Enjoy the season and all of the fun food that comes with it!
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Chip CookiesPrint Here
You Will Need
- 1 cup Country Crock
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tbs. pumpkin spice extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips (found in the baking isle)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® Spread, egg, egg white, pumpkin spice, and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended.
- Add the chocolate chunks and the cinnamon chips and blend (as seen in the video).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute then remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
- Enjoy with a big glass of cold milk (or by surprise in your lunchbox at school!)