Creamy Pesto Chicken is an easy dinner recipe is made with chicken, cream cheese, pesto, and mozzarella! Simple ingredients that the entire family will love. Serve it with a side salad, rice, pasta, veggies, or anything else you’d like. This is one tasty chicken dinner that you need to keep on hand!
Creamy Pesto Chicken
As a bonus, this is a great low-carb recipe! Even if you’re not looking for something low in carbs, this is a wonderful chicken dinner recipe filled with tons of flavor while still being extremely easy to make.
Ingredients for Creamy Pesto Chicken:
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Pesto (premade or homemade works!)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
You will want the cream cheese to be at room temperature to start. This makes it much easier to mix in the pesto. If you need your cream cheese to be a little softer, you can place it in the microwave in 10-second intervals. Just be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl!
Slather the creamy pesto mixture over each piece of chicken. I use a rubber spatula to make this very easy. Top with mozzarella and bake – That’s it! My entire family loves this recipe. It’s kid-friendly and family-approved!
This easy-baked chicken tastes just as good as it looks. Yum! This recipe is phenomenal! The chicken turns out juicy and tender and filled with the right amount of cream and pesto in each bite.
My cream cheese pesto chicken is perfect if you are looking for a fuss-free and flavor-packed dinner. The layer of cream cheese and pesto keeps the chicken moist while it bakes. As the saying goes, winner winner chicken dinner!
More Easy Dinner Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Creamy Pesto Chicken
You Will Need
- 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup of pesto
- 8 oz. of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
Other supplies needed:
- Rectangle baking dish, 9″ x 13″ or similar to fit your chicken
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and pesto. You can microwave the mixture in 10-second intervals if the cream cheese needs to be softened a bit.
- Prepare your baking dish with non-stick spray
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish
- Cover each piece of chicken evenly with the cream cheese pesto mixture
- Add shredded mozzarella evenly over each piece of chicken
- Cover the dish with foil
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked (some chicken breast pieces are larger than others, so bake accordingly)
- Uncover and broil for 2 minutes to achieve the golden color on top
- Be careful, the cheese on top can burn quickly if you broil it for too long!
Enjoy with rice, veggies, pasta, salad, bread and so much more!