This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy Pesto Chicken is an easy dinner recipe made with chicken, cream cheese, pesto, and mozzarella! Simple ingredients that the entire family will love. With minimal prep time, this is one tasty chicken dinner that you need to keep on hand!
Creamy Pesto Chicken
As a bonus, this is a great low-carb recipe! Even if you’re not looking for something low in carbs, this is a wonderful chicken dinner recipe filled with tons of flavor while still being extremely easy to make.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (or chicken thighs)
- Pesto (premade or homemade works)
- Cream cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
You will want the cream cheese to be at room temperature to start. This makes it much easier to mix in the pesto. If you need your cream cheese to be a little softer, you can place it in the microwave in 10-second intervals. Just be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl!
Slather the creamy pesto sauce over each piece of chicken. I use a rubber spatula to make this very easy. Top with mozzarella and bake until the cheese on top is golden brown. That’s it! My entire family loves this recipe. It’s kid-friendly and family-approved!
This easy-baked chicken tastes just as good as it looks. Yum! This recipe is phenomenal! The chicken turns out juicy and tender and is filled with the right amount of creamy pesto sauce in each bite.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Side salad
- Pasta or zucchini noodles
My pesto cream sauce chicken is perfect if you are looking for a fuss-free and flavor-packed dinner. The layer of cream cheese and pesto keeps the chicken moist while it bakes. As the saying goes, winner-winner chicken dinner!
“I’m allergic to pine nuts, so I make my own pesto , but with walnuts. I made this last week, and it was delicious! P.S. I also added bacon!”K. D. Michael
“The creamy pesto cheese mixture is good on salmon too!”Paula greene
“Make this weekly! Actually just made for dinner tonight! I added cherry tomatoes on top!”Heather Marie
Creamy Pesto Chicken Recipe
Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Rectangle baking dish, 9″ x 13″ or similar to fit your chicken
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick spray
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and pesto. You can microwave the mixture in 10-second intervals if the cream cheese needs to be softened a bit.
- Prepare your baking dish with non-stick spray
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish
- Cover each piece of chicken evenly with the cream cheese pesto mixture
- Add shredded mozzarella evenly over each piece of chicken
- Cover the dish with foil
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked (some chicken breast pieces are larger than others, so bake accordingly)
- Uncover and broil for 2 minutes to achieve the golden color on top
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.