This Creamy Garlic Chicken recipe is the ultimate easy comfort food! Scrumptious boneless chicken breasts cooked in a cheesy garlic cream sauce. This versatile meal will be a family favorite! This recipe for creamy garlic chicken tastes amazing and it’s so simple to make. Don’t lose this recipe because it is such a quick and easy dinner, uses simple ingredients, and the whole family will love it!
Creamy Garlic Chicken
Who doesn’t love tender chicken breast smothered in a creamy garlic sauce? It is irresistible. I love the way it makes the house smell as it’s baking like a warm reminder to the kids that dinner will be ready soon. There’s something magical about how the smell of comfort food makes everyone instantly hungry.
I like to have my chicken with a side salad and brown rice with extra sauce drizzled on top (I LOVE brown rice personally). But, my kids like to have their chicken with pasta and I pour the extra sauce over the noodles as a pasta sauce. Delicious! You can also serve it with garlic bread in addition to a side salad.
The cheese sauce is made by mixing simple ingredients you might already have on hand. It’s cream cheese, shredded Italian cheese, minced garlic, and Italian seasonings. It helps if the cream cheese is on the softer side, so if you have time to leave it out on the counter for a little bit, that is ideal. However, it’s not necessary if you’re in a hurry!
After quickly mixing together the creamy garlic sauce, you will then place the boneless chicken breasts in a baking dish prepared with non-stick spray. At this point I like to sprinkle a little salt and pepper directly onto the chicken.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Chicken
Next, evenly distribute the garlic cream mixture over the chicken. I find it easiest to use a spatula to cover the top of the chicken evenly. Again, it helps if the cream cheese has had some time to sit out and soften, but it’s not totally necessary. Once the chicken is smothered in the garlic cream sauce, you’ll then cover it with foil and bake it. Once the chicken is baked through, remove the foil, add cheddar cheese on top of each piece of chicken, and then return it to the oven (uncovered) for an additional 5 minutes or so until the cheese is melted.
The chicken is tender and juicy and the creamy, cheesy topping melts in your mouth. Personally, I think it’s good enough to serve company, but it’s also one of those dishes that work for a quick weeknight dinner. Plus, the leftovers are amazing! Consider adding a side of veggies, like our SUPER popular Parmesan Zucchini, or anything else you know your family will enjoy.
SO great for busy weeknights when you just need to whip up something delicious, comforting, and fast. The beauty of this chicken breast recipe is that the garlic is not overpowering at all! Therefore, it’s such a versatile dinner idea to keep on hand.
More Easy and Popular Dinner Recipes by Smart School House
Creamy Garlic Chicken
You Will Need
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup of shredded Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of cream cheese (softened is great because it’s easier to work with, but if you’re in a hurry, no biggie)
- 1 TSP of minced garlic
- 1 TSP Italian seasoning (1/2 TSP if your kids prefer less seasoning!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Other Supplies Needed:
- 9×13 baking dish
- Non-stick spray
- Mixing bow
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Italian cheese, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning
- Prepare baking dish with non-stick spray
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish
- Add salt and pepper to taste (if desired)
- Evenly spread the garlic cream mixture on top of the chicken using a spatula
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove the foil
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of each piece of chicken
- Cook, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted