Brace yourselves- this frosting is life-changing! Well, maybe not life-changing… but it could make you famous (that’s probably a lie too). However, this fluffy frosting recipe WILL make your family jump for joy! It’s fluffy, it’s bouncy, it’s soft, and it is incredibly fun to eat. The ingredients are pretty simple and the process isn’t too difficult, which makes it perfect for our busy home. You’re going to love this classic recipe!
Fluffy Frosting Recipe
So, while I’d love to say that I am the inventor of all fluffy frosting, I simply can’t. It turns out, the genius people that make corn syrup beat me to it! Because I’m such a gourmet baker (nobody laugh) I simply bake some cupcakes according to the directions on the box.
You will need:
A box of white cake mix
A cupcake tin
Light Corn Syrup
While the cupcakes are baking, you can whip up your fluffy frosting recipe! Depending on your mixer, go ahead and mix everything at high speed for 4-6 minutes until the frosting is thick and forms peaks. The magic really happens when the speed of your mixer cranks up.
I used a fancy schmancy frosting piping bag as you can see (they sell them at the grocery store in the baking aisle). Using a piping bag really helps you create a fabulous frosting effect.
Since I’m obsessed with sprinkles, you can guarantee that I top all of my cupcakes with them! These cupcakes are rather sticky, which makes them a perfect landing spot for your pretty sprinkles. There you have it! The fluffiest homemade frosting!
More Dessert Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Fluffy Frosting RecipePrint Here
You Will Need
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- Electric Mixer
- With a stand mixer or an electric mixer, combine the egg whites and the salt until it thickens (about 2 minutes on med-high speed).
- Next, in a small pan heat up the sugar and the light corn syrup until it comes to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, remove it from the heat and pour it over the egg whites (while slowly mixing).
- Now you’ll want to really crank up the speed on your mixer and let the magic happen!
- Depending on your mixer, go ahead and mix everything at high speed for 4-6 minutes until the frosting is thick and forms peaks.