This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slice up some fun with this Jello-filled watermelon recipe! Every kid loves biting into a slice of jello watermelon on a sunny day. If you’ve never made a jello-filled watermelon, you have been missing out! I can’t wait to show you how cool this watermelon treat is.
Jello Filled Watermelon
- Mini seedless watermelon
- Jello mix or any red/pink Jello flavor of your choice
- Leveled space in your refrigerator
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
You will need to remove the watermelon from the inside. It’s a great idea to get one of these watermelon slicers! You don’t have to throw away the watermelon. Enjoy it as usual:)
Prepare the two boxes of Jello mix according to the directions on the box in a large mixing bowl
I love that the jello slices keep their shape. Jello will last for a few days in the refrigerator, so you don’t have to cut it all up at once.
Enjoy the jiggly slices right away! You might want to only slice up however much you know you’ll be eating. Wasn’t that fun? It is perfect for a warm and sunny day!
How to Fill a Watermelon with Jello
Jello Filled Watermelon
- Ice cream scoop, watermelon slicer, or spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Pot for boiling water
- Paper towels
- Leveled space in your refrigerator (it’s a good idea to clear a space in advance:)
- 1 Mini seedless watermelon
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes of cherry Jello mix or any red/pink Jello flavor of your choice
- Water (boiled and cold)
- Slice the mini seedless watermelon in half.
- Remove the watermelon from the inside! It’s a great idea to get one of these watermelon slicers! You don’t have to throw away the watermelon. Enjoy it as usual:)
- Using paper towels, dry off the inside of each watermelon half.
- Prepare the two boxes of Jello mix according to the directions on the box in a large mixing bowl (you’ll need 4 cups of boiling water and 4 cups of cold water).
- Pour the bowl of prepared Jello mixture into the hollowed-out watermelon halves.
- Put the Jello-filled watermelon halves in the refrigerator. Place some paper towels underneath them just in case you spill any (I usually do!).
- Let the Jello-filled watermelon sit in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until it is completely firm.
- Remove the watermelon and slice it into pieces! NOTE: slice thick pieces! If the slices are too thin, the jello won’t stand up tall (it will flop over).