Marshmallow Ghosts are so perfectly delicious for Halloween, it’s scary! Kids of all ages can help prepare these easy-to-make Halloween treats. With just three simple ingredients, they can be made at a moment’s notice.
These perfect little marshmallow ghosts would be perfect for a class party or just a little after school treat. They look like tiny little ghosts covered in a white sheet of melted chocolate.
Looking other DIY Halloween Treat ideas?
Marshmallow Ghost ingredients:
- Jumbo (or large) marshmallows
- White melting chocolate or vanilla bark
- Black gel icing
- Ziplock baggie
- Microwave safe bowl
- Wax paper
How to Ghosts out of Marshmallows
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface
- Line up the marshmallows so they have at least 3 inches in between
- Place the corner of an opened ziplock baggie inside of a cup and fold the rest of the baggie over the rim of the cup. This creates a homemade icing bag and is great for using melted chocolate!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate or vanilla bark according to the package directions (usually in 10 second intervals to prevent burning)
- Pour the melted chocolate into the corner of the ziplock baggie that is inside of the cup.
- Remove the baggie from the cup and gently squeeze the top of the baggie closed so that none of the chocolate comes out.
- Over the wax paper, use scissors to cut the corner off the baggie.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over each marshmallow (not too much!)
- You might want to use a butter knife (or your kids can use their hands), to help push the chocolate down around the marshmallows
- Once the marshmallows are completely cooled, use the black icing to draw the eyes and mouth onto the marshmallows
Aren’t those fun and easy to do? I can promise you that no kiddo can resist these at a party! The chocolate melts in your mouth and the fluffy marshmallow is soft and chewy.