Meatball Parmigiana Casserole is one of our favorite and most delicious meals to make! It’s delicious and the leftovers are absolutely incredible! Our baked meatball parmigiana has tender Italian-style meatballs smothered in marinara sauce and covered in cheese then baked until hot and bubbly! These cheesy meatballs with tomato sauce are baked right in the oven. No mess or frying! Good enough to serve for a holiday or to dinner guests. Plus, it’s a very kid-friendly, quick and easy dinner idea for busy days!
Making this incredible Meatball Parmigiana dish involves only a tiny bit of preparation, but I promise you, your family will flip out over it! This is one of those meals that’s really easy to make but will impress your family or guests for a special occasion (it’s holiday-worthy!). No frying on the stove, no splatter, no mess! Perfect for a quick meal during the week, too! You can use your favorite jarred sauce for your baked meatball parmigiana or your very own homemade sauce.
This baked Meatball Parmesan recipe features traditional meatballs smothered in a delicious marinara sauce and topped with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. A classic and simple dish that is beautiful yet delicious. We placed the meatballs in an oven-safe baking dish, then poured a generous amount of sauce on top. You can use your favorite jarred sauce for your baked meatball parmigiana or use a favorite homemade marinara sauce.
Today we used pre-made sauce, making this perfect for a quick meal during the week! Next, we topped the meatballs with mozzarella cheese. Finally, it’s baked in the oven until the sauce is hot and bubbly, and the cheeses are melted and golden brown on top. You can serve your meatball parmigiana with a variety of different sides including a salad, pasta, or even brown rice. Or, you can just serve the meatballs with warm bread. Our favorite is that Cheese Cake Factory inspired soft brown bread. Here’s a tip: wrap some bread in foil and place it in the oven to warm up for the last 15 minutes of baking.
How To Serve Meatball Parm Casserole
This Meatball Parmesan can be served in a variety of ways on a variety of dishes, feel free to get creative with them!
With a side of/over freshly baked garlic bread or Texas Toast
Spooned over fluffy mashed potatoes
Stuffed into sandwiches, think meatball sub but better than you ever imagined it could be!
Over a bowl of healthy brown rice (I do this all of the time when I’m cutting carbs/sugar)
More Casserole Recipes to Try Next:
Baked Meatball Parmigiana Casserole
- 8"x8" Casserole Dish
- Baking sheet
- Olive Oil (or non-stick spray)
- 12 Italian style sausage meatballs (homemade, pre-made, or even frozen!)
- 24 ounce jar of marinara sauce (or homemade)
- 8 ounce bag of shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and gently brush it with light coat of olive oil using a paper towel. The olive oil works better than non-stick cooking spray in preventing smoking at this high baking temperature.
- Cook the meatballs for 15 minutes (if using frozen meatballs, refer to the suggested cooking time on the package)
- Lower the oven temperature to 375°
- Prepare the 8×8 with a light coat of olive oil just like you did the baking sheet
- Pour 1/2 of the marinara sauce into the dish
- Add the cooked meatballs
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce evenly on top
- Cover with all the mozzarella cheese
- Bake the dish for 20 minutes, covered with foil
- Remove the foil cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly!