This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Praline crunch is a sweet, salty, and crunchy snack that is deliciously addicting! It’s made by covering Crispix and pecans in a fluffy, buttery, and sugary coating. Baked to perfection, this is always a crowd favorite!
It is great for a snack, party, or packaged as a homemade gift! What I love is how the melting butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract make the kitchen smell. YUM! If you think this treat sounds good, don’t miss out on our Caramel Puff Corn!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Crispix cereal
- Pecan halves
- Light brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
Begin by pouring the Crispix cereal (the whole box!) into a mixing bowl. Then, pour the pecans on top. Gently combine cereal and nuts in the large bowl.
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
Stir the mixture until it is boiling. You’ll see several bubbles as it comes to a boil and the brown sugar dissolves completely with the melted butter and syrup.
Remove the melted mixture from the heat. It’s important to not add the vanilla until the saucepan has been removed from the heat because it contains alcohol/
Add in the vanilla extract and baking soda. The mixture becomes fluffy and thick right before your eyes! Pour the melted mixture over the cereal mixture.
Gently mix and then pour the praline crunch onto a large pan, cookie sheet, or baking dish. In a preheated oven, bake the praline crunch snack mix for an hour, stirring occasionally. Once baked, allow it to cool over parchment paper or wax paper. Then, break the crunch into bite-sized pieces.
Why Stir Every 20 Minutes?
The stirring helps spread the sweet caramel mixture over the cereal and nuts completely.
Praline Crunch Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Large saucepan
- Mixing Spoon
- Cookie sheet or baking dish
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- 1 box (9.6 ounce) Crispix cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250℉
- In a mixing bowl, combine Crispix and pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter until boiling, stirring regularly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat
- Stir in the vanilla and baking soda (the mixture becomes fluffy!)
- Pour the hot caramel mixture over the cereal mixture and gently stir
- Pour the praline crunch onto a cookie sheet or baking dish
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes
- Once baked, pour the hot praline crunch over a large piece of wax paper or parchment paper and separate the praline crunch into bite-sized peices
- Allow the praline crunch to cool. Then, enjoy!