This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Warm Pretzel Sandwiches with ham and melted Swiss cheese! This easy lunch puts a fun spin on a traditional sandwich. If you love big soft pretzels, this simple and tasty sandwich is for you!
Make decadent big sandwiches using everyone’s favorite soft frozen pretzels! These are no ordinary ham and cheese sandwiches! You can dress up the sandwiches with all of your favorite ingredients, but listed below are the essentials for this ham and swiss sandwich with pretzel bread.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Frozen soft pretzels
- Honey ham
- Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
Begin by baking the frozen pretzels. This only takes about 4 minutes! Optionally, you can add the salt that comes in the box of the soft frozen pretzels. I personally don’t like the extra salt, but I know some people absolutely love it!
You can make just one sandwich by baking 2 pretzels. Or, you can make up to 3 sandwiches by using all 6 frozen pretzels in the box. Once the pretzels are done warming up, remove them from the oven and spread a generous amount of mayo and Dijon mustard on the back side of half
Next, top the mayo and mustard with about 3 slices of sliced ham. I fold each slice of ham in half twice to make the meat have a fuller appearance as seen below.
After that, place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of the ham. Are you a cheese lover? Consider adding 2 slices of cheese!
Finally, place the second half of the pretzels on top to complete the sandwiches. Return them to the oven and bake them for a few more minutes until the cheese begins to melt. Serve them warm and enjoy!
Whether you make these for lunch at home or to pack for school, they are such a fun twist on a traditional sandwich. They are also perfect for pool days, beach days, summer days, and parties!
Pretzel Sandwich Recipe
- Baking sheet
- 6 Frozen soft pretzels
- 9 slices Honey ham
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (or the temperature according to the box of frozen pretzels
- Place 6 pretzels on a baking sheet
- Bake for 3-4 minutes
- Remove the pretzels from the oven
- Reduce oven temperature to 350℉
- Spread a generous amount of mayo and mustard on the back side of 3 pretzels. Optional: you can add mayo and mustard to all 6 pretzels if desired.
- Add about 3 slices of ham over the mayo and mustard
- Top the ham with a slice of swiss cheese
- Place the second pretzel on top of the Swiss cheese
- Return the pretzel sandwiches to the oven for about 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt
- Serve warm and ejoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.