This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today’s super easy recipe is one that my kids were able to do almost entirely on their own. In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, we made homemade rainbow shamrock chips! They’re crunchy, a little bit salty, and very fun to make! Whether you make these for St. Patrick’s Day or a rainbow-themed party, they are so fun!
Rainbow Shamrock Homemade Chips
I am such a sucker for pretty rainbow treats! Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or a rainbow-themed event, there is just something fun about decorating with the colors of the rainbow, don’t you think? You will need a shamrock cookie cutter LIKE THIS ONE, uncooked tortillas LIKE THESE, and rainbow food color (I use THIS kind).
Dip them in salsa, sour cream & onion dip, or whatever you love! You can even eat them plain (that’s how my kids do it). They are crunchy, fresh, and just a little bit salty…..just like homemade chips should be!
St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday we always look forward to. It’s a day filled with fun food, tricks from the leprechaun, gold, and rainbows.
More Rainbow Recipes and St. Patrick Day Ideas:
Homemade Shamrock Chips
Rainbow Shamrock ChipsPrint Here
You Will Need
- Prepare a baking sheet lined in foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine 1 cup of water with a few dashes of salt.
- Evenly disperse the salt water into 6 small bowls.
- Put 1 drop of rainbow food coloring in each bowl and mix.
- Cut out shamrock shapes from the uncooked tortillas. Each tortilla makes about 3 shamrocks.
- Place the uncooked shamrocks on paper plates (one at a time) and paint the chips with the various colors of salted water.
- Place the painted shamrock chips on the foil covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes (before they turn brown).
- Remove from the baking sheet. They will become crunchy as they cool!