Today’s super easy recipe is one that my kids were able to do almost entirely on their own. In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, we made homemade rainbow shamrock chips! They’re crunchy, a little bit salty, and very fun to make!
Homemade Rainbow Shamrock Chips
I am such a sucker for pretty rainbow treats! Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or a rainbow themed event, there is just something fun about decorating with the colors of the rainbow, don’t you think?
More Rainbow Recipes and St. Patrick Day Ideas:
- Rainbow DIY ideas and Recipes
- 10 Ways to Taste the Rainbow: Rainbow desserts
- Exploding Rainbow Experiment
- Gold Popcorn
- Rainbow Rice Krispie Drizzle
Dip them in salsa, sour cream & onion dip, or whatever you love! You can even eat them plain (that’s how my kids do it). They are crunchy, fresh, and just a little bit salty…..just like homemade chips should be!
Rainbow Shamrock ChipsPrint Here
You Will Need
- Prepare a baking sheet lined in foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine 1 cup of water with a few dashes of salt.
- Evenly disperse the salt water into 6 small bowls.
- Put 1 drop of rainbow food coloring in each bowl and mix.
- Cut out shamrock shapes from the uncooked tortillas. Each tortilla makes about 3 shamrocks.
- Place the uncooked shamrocks on paper plates (one at a time) and paint the chips with the various colors of salted water.
- Place the painted shamrock chips on the foil covered baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt on top of the chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes (before they turn brown).
- Remove from the baking sheet. They will become crunchy as they cool!