Gold Popcorn for St. Patrick’s Day! Golden popcorn is the perfect snack for kids after they’ve been busy looking for four leaf clovers and rainbows. Our kids spend the day searching for sneaky leprechauns and hoping to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Is anybody else as excited for St. Patrick’s Day as we are?
Our kids love popcorn any day (or movie night) of the week! I rarely make popcorn after school, but St. Patrick’s Day is an exception. To make this popcorn more special than usual, I put it in cupcake liners with shamrock decorations and used some gold color mist to enhance the color of the popcorn.
This gold edible color mist (found here) is is so fun to use! Popcorn already has a light yellow shade so it makes it even easier for the color mist to give the popcorn a golden shine.
Shop these items to make gold popcorn
Who wouldn’t want to try some gold popcorn on St. Patrick’s Day? It’s so easy to make and is so festive for this leprechaun and rainbow fun-filled day.
More St. Patrick’s Day recipes and crafts:
- Homemade Rainbow Shamrock Chips
- Leprechaun Trix (and printable)
- Edible Rainbow (and printable)
- Exploding Rainbow Experiment
- Rainbow Rize Krispie Drizzle
- Golden Fortune Cookies
Gold PopcornPrint Here
You Will Need
- Pop the popcorn and let it cool for a couple minutes
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper (or something similar)
- Put the popcorn on top of the paper
- Spray the edible gold color mist on the popcorn, moving the pieces around to cover up all of the white popcorn
- Serve in St. Patrick’s Day cupcake liners