This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix is so simple to make, in fact, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before! Be sure to keep this on hand for dressing, dips, chips, pasta, chicken recipes, and more!
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
Never buy one of those pre-made single-use packets ever again with this Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Copycat Recipe! For seasoning, dips, ranch dressing, and anything that calls for ranch flavors!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
This will make your home cooking easier, more convenient, and more enjoyable! As they say, everything is better when it’s homemade.
- dried parsley
- dried chives
- dried dill weed
- minced onion
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- kosher salt (or regular salt)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of Buttermilk Powder – Buttermilk powder is dehydrated buttermilk, and while it’s optional, it adds a creamy and tangy flavor to the seasoning.
The ranch seasoning mix is a blend of herbs and spices. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
This next step is optional in case you don’t have a food processor or blender. If you can, blend ingredients together in a food processor. Notice how the finer consistency is much more like the pre-made ranch seasoning packets.
Use as directed in your favorite recipe to replace ranch seasoning, season up your favorite meats and veggies, or add it to sour cream for a delicious dip!
Ranch Seasoning Mix Recipes
I find it so much more convenient to keep this simple and popular recipe on hand versus trying to remember to buy it from the store. Everyone loves the way ranch tastes, especially kids!
Store seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 3-6 months
Ranch Seasoning Mix Recipe
Homemade Ranch Season Mix
- Mixing bowl
- Optional: food processor or blender
- Jar or container for storage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or the salt you have on hand)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Optional* Blend ingredients together in a food processor.
- Use as directed in your favorite recipe to replace ranch seasoning, to season up your favorite meats and veggies, or mix with sour cream for a delicious dip!