This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade Ranch Dressing is so easy to make, you’ll never buy ranch dressing again! With a blend of simple ingredients, dried herbs, and seasonings, this creamy buttermilk ranch dressing is perfect for salad dressings, dips, and more!
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Homemade Ranch Dressing
The seasoning blend for ranch dressing is made from homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix which can be used for a variety of recipes, including crock pot recipes, pasta salads, casseroles, and even appetizers!
- sour cream
- dried parsley
- dried chives
- dried dill weed
- minced onion
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
When making your own ranch dressing, add tastes and flavors you love! Consider substitutions or additions such as:
- cayenne pepper
- fresh dill
- fresh chives
- fresh parsley
- lemon juice
- white vinegar
- plain greek yogurt
- avocado for avocado ranch dressing
- jalapeños for jalapeño ranch dressing
- bacon for bacon ranch dressing
In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry herbs and spices until well combined. Add the ingredients to a food processor and blend the ingredients.
Return the blended ingredients to the mixing bowl and add in the buttermilk, sour cream, and mayo to create a creamy sauce. Chill before using the ranch dressing on all of your favorite salads, sandwiches, dips, dishes, and more!
Store your ranch dressing covered in a jar or airtight container and refrigerate it for up to a week.
Replace store-bought ranch with this easy recipe! Use the dry ranch seasoning mix to replace any recipe that calls for it, to season up your favorite meats and veggies, or for a delicious dip!
Ranch Dressing Recipe:
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Mixing bowl
- food processor
- measuring spoons
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Blend ingredients together in a food processor.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the dry ranch seasoning mix to buttermilk, sour cream, and mayo (you can add more or less ranch seasoning to achieve desired taste)
- Stir until well combined
- Refrigerate in a closed container