This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Red, White, and Blue Strawberries
We just LOVE summer here at Smart School House. With Memorial Day right around the corner and the 4th of July soon after that, we are getting ready for some patriotic fun! Today I’ll teach you how to make these ADORABLE red, white, and blue strawberries. They remind me of a mini strawberry cream cheese bite. Place these next to the graham crackers for s’mores and I promise they’ll be eaten quickly! I can’t wait to show you how simple these are to make!
To make these cute and delicious red, white, and blue strawberries, you will need the following:
- Fresh strawberries, cleaned and dried
- Cream cheese frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Melon baller scoop (like this)
- Pastry bag with the frosting tip of your choice
- Blue food coloring
- White sprinkles
- Paper towels
- Bowl for mixing
Watch how fun they are to make!
How to Make Red, White, and Blue Strawberries:
- Cut the top and the bottom off of each strawberry. This allows them to stand up.
- Using a melon baller, gently scoop out the center of the strawberries. Just a little scoop will do!
- In a bowl, mix blue food coloring with the cream cheese frosting until your desired shade of blue is reached.
- Place the blue cream cheese frosting into a pastry bag with a frosting tip.
- Swirl a little bit of blue frosting into each strawberry.
- Add some white sprinkles on top!
Here’s a tip:
The strawberries will stand better when you “blot” them with a paper towel. It’s also a good idea to blot the inside after you’ve scooped them so that the frosting stays put as well.
Aren’t these easy and fun for the 4th of July? They are so tasty and a little too easy to pop in your mouth and eat (which I secretly love!).
Here are some other summer recipe ideas you will love!
Red, White, and Blue Drink (it’s kid friendly!)