This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Well if this isn’t just fun and cute, then I don’t know what is! Valentine’s Day Spaghetti Hearts make us hungry and happy all at the same time. Anything heart shaped for Valentine’s Day is totally acceptable and worth trying! What we love about these Spaghetti Hearts is that you can make them with freshly made spaghetti OR leftover spaghetti (we don’t judge!). Kids and adults love heart shaped spaghetti – so let’s get started!
It’s no secret that we love preparing for Valentine’s Day here at Smart School House. Our heart shaped quesadillas are fun for kids and toddlers. Spaghetti Hearts would be fun to eat with our candy heart bouquet displayed on the dinner table this February.
Now that the weather is SUPER COLD (even here in sunny Orange County, CA LOLolol!), nothing hits the spot for dinner more than pasta. We go to “pasta night” each Wednesday at our neighborhood restaurant just because evenings that start at 4:30 make our stomach’s extra hungry.
If you have some spaghetti and non-stick spray, then you can make this deliciously adorable spaghetti heart recipe!
To get started, you’ll create hearts out of foil. How? accordion fold the edges of a piece of foil. Wrap the edges up into the shape of a heart. Use an additional small strip of foil at the top part of the heart to connect and secure the center of the heart sides.
We used leftover for our spaghetti hearts today. But, if you have fresh spaghetti, it will turn out just as cute. Make sure you have the pasta and the sauce mixed in advance.
We also used an aluminum pan for our recipe today, but that’s only because we had them leftover from Christmas. You can use any baking dish you prefer. For a typical baking dish, you could fit 4-6 spaghetti hearts inside. Today we were just making a cute little dinner for our two kids.
Speaking of kids… we REALLY surprised our kids this Christmas. If you follow us on Instagram, then you know we recently lost our super loved 14 year chihuahua, Toby. We surprised our kids with the most beautiful, smartest, snuggly white Golden Retriever for Christmas. Her name is Cindy Lou (because she’s a Christmas dog, of course) and our kids were blown away the moment little Lulu appeared in front of them. She’s simply a gift and a once in a lifetime type of dog. We invite you follow our journey with her here on Instagram: The Golden Cindy Lou.
More Easy Valentine’s Day Recipes:
- Heart Shaped Quesadillas
- Conversation Heart Whipped Cream
- Heart Hot Chocolate Sticks
- How to Make a Heart Shaped Cake
- Heart Shaped Tortilla Chips
- Twinki Hearts
- Valentine’s Day Pizza Braid
Spaghetti HeartsPrint Here
You Will Need
- Cooked spaghetti tossed in spaghetti sauce (fresh or leftovers!)
- Non-stick spray
- Shredded cheese – any kind you have or prefer: cheddar, mozzarella, etc.
- Baking dish
- Preheat oven to 455º F on Convection.
- Prepare baking dish with foil, or use a disposable foil baking dish as pictured.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Create heart shapes by accordion folding a sheet of foil in 1 inch folds. Bend the folded foil in half. Wrap the two outer edges up towards each other, creating a heart shape.
- Use a small piece of foil to hold the two edges of foil together at the top center of the heart, clipping the two sides together to secure the heart shape.
- Place the foil hearts on the baking dish.
- Spray the sides of the heart with non-stick spray.
- Put a thin layer of breadcrumbs at the bottom of each heart, just enough to cover the foil.
- Add spaghetti (with sauce on it!) on top of the bread crumbs until the heart is about 1/2 way full.
- Put more breadcrumbs on top of the spaghetti, just enough to cover the top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes on Convect.
- Let the hearts cool for several minutes before gently removing the foil. I suggest cutting on part of the foil and tearing it off slowly, as opposed to lifting the foil heart up and away from the spaghetti.
- Serve with salad, garlic bread, or whatever else you love!