This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Stick of Butter Rice is an incredibly easy and delicious side dish! With just 4 ingredients, this easy rice recipe makes the house smell good while baking and keeps everyone coming back for seconds!
Stick of Butter Rice
This is a classic comfort food recipe that I’m sure will be passed down for many years in your family.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- White rice (long grain, not instant)
- Can of condensed French onion soup
- Can of condensed beef broth soup or beef consommé soup
- 1 stick of butter
You can use any size baking dish for this recipe. It can be square or rectangular.
Begin by preparing your baking dish with cooking spray. Rinse the white rice with water. We use long-grained white rice. This, of course, can be substituted with brown rice. Then, combine the white rice and soup into your baking dish.
Gently stir the rice mixture in the baking dish. The flavors of this dinner side dish will already begin to fill the room! If you’re considering extra ingredients, now is the time to add them! Here are some additional ingredients to consider, based on taste:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper (no extra salt is needed)
Finally, place the whole stick of butter into the middle of the dish. No need to cut it up before placing it on top of the rice. The butter will quickly melt on top of the mixture once in the oven.
Bake this rice in the oven for 30 minutes covered in foil. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and gently stir the rice mixture again.
Stick of Butter Rice Tip:
The second half of the baking time (the time without the foil) might vary depending on the size of your dish. This is a no-fail recipe!
Serve this delicious rice alongside any protein of your choice. Whether that’s chicken, pork, or beef, this creamy rice will soon become a family favorite side dish recipe!
Stick of Butter Rice Recipe
Stick of Butter Rice
- 1 baking dish (we used 9×11 but any size works!)
- Non-stick spray
- Mixing spon
- 1 stick butter (½ cup) `
- 1 can condensed French onion soup
- 1 can condensed beef broth soup
- 1 cup white rice (rinsed). *Note: not instant rice*
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Prepare baking dish with non-stick spray
- Rince white rise with water
- Place white rice in the baking dish
- Pour both cans of soup over the rice
- Gently stir the rice and soups with a mixing spoon
- Place the stick of butter over the rice
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and gently stir the rice mixture again
- Contine to bake for another 30 minutes
- Stir the baked rice in the final dish, and enjoy!