Kool-Aid Candy Dots
It’s been hot here lately! And by hot, I mean too hot to turn on the oven and bake! But, the kids and I wanted to make something fun. So, we put our creative minds to work and made some Kool-Aid Candy Dots that are PERFECT for sunny days! They are easier than easy to make and they only require 3 ingredients (so they are extremely cheap). Get your kids involved because these are incredibly kid-friendly!
I cut strips of plain white paper into strips 2 inches wide. Then, I cut wax paper into matching 2 inch wide strips. I connected to two together using clear double sided tape.
For these easy to make Kool-Aid Candy Dots, you need a few easy to find ingredients (which we happen to already have in the pantry!)
- 1.5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp of Kool-Aid flavoring (like THIS)
- Using an electric mixer (I used my Kitchen-Aid), whip the egg white and the powdered sugar together for about 4- 5 minutes.
- Separate your combined amount into 4 equal parts.
- Add the Kool-Aid powder and stir it up with a spoon.
- Place your colored mixtures into plastic baggies.
- Cut a small piece off the tip of the baggies and make small dots on the wax side of your paper strips.
- The candies will harden completely over night. But, you can still eat them when they are slightly squishy (that’s up to you and your kids!).
Come and see Smart School House’s wonderful book Year-Round Projects for Holidays, Parties, & More!
Pages: 1 2