Christmas List Ornament
It’s no secret that Santa keeps a big long list of all the things kids (and adults) ask for. He keeps track of who is naughty and who is nice and crosses things off of his list as he goes. We love the magic of Christmas! Today we’re sharing a teeny tiny version of Santa’s list. This DIY Christmas list ornament is made with a wooden spool and is the perfect mini ornament to add to your tree. Kids can make these as gifts too!
This craft is inspired pin this pin, but the directions were no longer available, so I decided to make my own!
For this craft you will need:
- Wooden Spools like these
- Red Acrylic paint (or kid safe paint)
- Paint brush
- Green ribbon
- Plain white paper
- Glue (I used hot glue)
Watch how fun it is to make an ornament out of spools:
- Paint each spool red and let them dry.
- Cut small strips of paper according to the width of your spool. Cut it long enough to wrap around once and hang down.
- Write a list! Have kids write what they really want, do a traditional list like I did, or make one up.
- Glue the list to the spool as seen.
- Add some green ribbon to hang the spool and enjoy it on your Christmas tree!
You might also like these