This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Happy almost Christmas! With peppermint in the air, jingle bells all around, and gingerbread houses being built on every corner, we’re excited to celebrate the holiday season! Today we are sharing a fun treat with you. These Chocolate Candy Cane Reindeer are adorable and easy to assemble. Made with dark chocolate, candy eyes, and my favorite little red candy for the nose!
Chocolate Candy Cane Reindeer
For this festive holiday project, you will need a few easy-to-find ingredients. Small Dove chocolates are WONDERFUL for melting in the microwave. Did you know this? Forget double boiling, simmering, or any complicated steps. These little chocolates melt beautifully and EASILY in the microwave:) Next, you need candy canes, candy eyes, and M&M’s.
These little candy reindeer take candy canes to the next level. They are cute, delicious, and look BEAUTIFUL on the holiday table! Kids simply cannot resist them. If you plan on spending time indoors this holiday season, be sure to add this craft to your list of entertaining things to do before Christmas!
More Holiday Treats by Smart School House to Try Next:
Santa’s Snack Mix
Caramel Apple Goodie Bags
Pretzel Goodie Bags
Candy Cane Reindeer
Meringue Christmas Trees
Graham Cracker Crunch
Butter Flavored Sugar Cookies
How to Make a Reindeer with Candy Canes
You Will Need
- Small Dove chocolates. They are little squares and come in a bag in any candy isle. We recommend the dark chocolate kind!
- Regular size candy canes
- 1 Tall microwave safe cup (or bowl)
- Candy eyes like these
- M&M’s… particularly some red M&M’s:)
- Treat bags like these (optional for gift giving)
- Wax paper
- Unwrap about 10 chocolates at a time and place them in a tall microwave safe bowl (or cup). I don’t have a microwave safe cup, so I used a bowl to melt the chocolate in first, then poured the melted chocolate into a tall cup. Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. These chocolates melt extremely well, so no double broiler or anything fancy is needed:)
- Unwrap 2 candy canes
- Dip one candy cane into the chocolate, rolling it from side to side in the chocolate along the side of the cup, then place it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Dip the second candy cane into the melted chocolate and place it next to the first candy cane on the wax paper. Make sure they are touching so they dry together as one piece.
- Put two candy eyes and a red M&M on the melted chocolate to make a reindeer face. Kids are really good at this part!
- Let the chocolate dry completely. They can be placed in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
- If you’re giving these as gifts, gently place them into clear treat bags to protect the candy canes since their original wrapper was removed.
Love these ideas! So colorful and easy to do, with such a perfect result! Thanks, SmartSchoolHouse!