Giant Paper Plate Lollipops
SO many people love this easy DIY Christmas craft! These are giant paper plate lollipops for Christmas. They are super cute as a garden decoration or you can line your driveway with them. Plus, they cost less than a dollar each to make! They do not have to be painted perfectly because the cellophane makes them all look ADORABLE no matter what your skill level is which makes it an easy DIY craft anybody this holiday season. Let’s get started making giant paper plate lollipops!
Last updated: October 27, 2017
This post was originally published on October 14, 2016. I have updated it to answer questions and make the instructions even easier this Christmas.
Materials to Make Paper Plate Lolllipops
- Paper plates
- Wooden dowel (from the craft store)
- Green and red paint plush paint brushes
- Hot glue gun (or tacky glue for kids)
Paper Plate Lollipop Video
How to make Lollipops out of Paper Plates
- Paint various lollipop designs on the back of 2 paper plates (or one paper plate if the back of the lollipops will be hidden wherever you display them).
- Let them dry.
- Cut two small squares out of each paper plate as seen in the video.
- Glue the paper plates together, making a hole for the dowel to be inserted.
- Once dry, insert the wooden dowel.
- Wrap cellophane around the paper plates and tie a ribbon around them (this keeps them attached to the dowel).
Decorate your garden with them this Christmas or line them up along your driveway. They cost less than a dollar each to make! If you get paper plates from Costco (like we do), then they’re even cheaper! I used acrylic paint, but use whatever you have or washable paint if kids are doing it. I got the sponge “dot” paint brushes at the craft store.
You know what wold be fun? Making them in different colors for candy themed parties!
Merry Christmas and happy DIY decorating!
You might also love our Giant Christmas Ornaments!